Id Elk Season

Cameron Hunt

Hi all, I was wondering when the opener for elk was this year? I was talking to my son Mark (Oneshot) tonight and he wanted to go elk hunting this year. This is the last year he will be able to purchase a youth non res tag for Id. I told him that I would do the research and see when it starts and finishes and try to see if there was anyone here that would not mind a youth tagging along? I am not purchasing an out of state lic. for Id. and the last I read was that a licensed adult must be with the youth. If there isnt anyone in Id that would be interested, I will have to see how much the Wa youth tags are. Maybe that will be the other option. If anyone would not mind us in their camp you could PM me also. Thanks. Cameron

Cameron, Wasn't your Father-in-law prettty knowlegable of hunting elk ? I don't remember if you ever posted the Picture or not ?

I might not get out myself this year. But I hope to.

Good luck on the hunt.

Thank you for the link Wilecoyote, I will look at the break up of the areas and go from there.

Oscar, First it was not my Father in law. It was Amy's Father.
Second. I no longer date her.
Thrid. I am not looking for someone soley for the knowlege of elk hunting. I have been hunting for a few years now. I am looking for someone who is willing to have my son and myself with them so that my son can hunt. I am not hunting Id this year due to not having a lic. for Id. I chose Id for several reasons. One, Its home. Two, its cheap. Three, its any bull. (If I am not mistaken) Four, I thought there would be at least one person here who enjoys getting kids in the woods to continue the hunting tradition. That is what it is about I thought. Five, Wa is spike only. Now if push comes to shove I will go to Wa and hunt with Kevin and family where I have a tag. Mark says that Kevins dad makes the best breakfast in the world.

And I do hope you can get out this year, heck maybe take your son.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back