I think my lab is turning into a coyote dog

yoteler

I decided to go run this cornfield by my house lastnight. So I called up a couple of my buddies and we loaded up my 2 hounds along with his and got ready to go. As i was leaving the house the wife ask if i was taking gunner with ( my choc. lab ) because he was whining and wanting to go, so he got to come along ( I can't go anywhere without him). We got to the field and free casted the hounds in ( gunner stayed in the truck). About 10 min's later they had one jumped. After about an hour of listening to that beautiful music those hounds play the yote came to the road and cross it, into the ditch of the other side, ran down about a 100 yards, and ran into a big culvert that lead from one side of the road to the other, and headed back into the corn ( I thought that was pretty for the yote to do that, and try to avid the hounds). The race lasted another ten min's until he came to the road a second time to where my july hound caught up to him and the fight started and the excitement started. Know I don't know what ever possess my lab to get into this fight but he did. Goose made it to the road and grabbed the yote by his butt and the growling started, all of a sudden my lab jump out of the rolled down window and turned on the after burning to get to this fight. It was like somebody flipped a switch in him because he came totally uncorked on this coyote . Gunner grabbed the the yote by the neck after getting bite in the face and ears and just started pulling and dragging for what he was worth, my july hound had the same idea and his own direction he wanted to go with it. It wasn't very long before the other 2 hounds showed up to get a piece of the prize. Within a couple min's the yote was stretched. I have never seen this before out of my lab but he was proud as hell he was in this kill. He didn't suffer to many injuries, just a few bites on the face and ears, he'll survive. Just wanted to share the story and the crazy experience

WOW !!!! I've never seen Hounds go After 'Yotes in person but I've seen some cool pictures !!!

Thanx for the Story .

A great site to go to is Nitro's Coyote Hound and Hunting Adventure almost all of the folks on there run coyoets with hounds. There is also some video clips on there to see the hounds in action

Back