Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

I Quit!

Krustyklimber

What I meant to say is, I quit buying a turkey tag, and not punching it! :)

Wednesday, April 18, at 3:13pm, lightning struck... or the mathmatical probability thereof.
It took several years of never even seeing or hearing a wild turkey, before I finally got my first bird.

1_Smile_cropped.jpg

He's not very big, 16 pounds, 7" beard, and little 1/2" spurs.
I shot it with Federal #6, from my 20 ga.

What kinda turkey is this dude?

Krusty
wave1.gif

What kinda turkey is this dude?

It's a whitetail/merriam mix, you can tell by the big ass antler that just fell off its head!

Nice bird.

Holly sh*t, you are a killer! You have proved the gods wrong. You will now take your rightful place among the addicted. Where did you put him down?

And jsut when we thought you would never score in your life you prove us wrong !!! DUDE that is Awsoem, Good things come to those that keep at it, and by the looks on your face looks like it was worth it !!!

Congrats brotha !!!!

Thanks guys, especially MtMiller. :)

Spitz,

The antler is part of the whole story. I used it to pin the turkey down, by the neck, and stopped it from rolling down the hill.
It sorta went, bang flop flop flop.... with me chasing it.

I also really needed a good sized left antler to go with the one I found turkey hunting last year.
Now I have a nice rattling set to use for the buck season.
So that's a big part of why I am stoked... there's another 5x?, bigger than my buck from last year, still on the ranch.

Sneakyjake,

I put him down, in the grass in front of the house. ;)

No, I shot him up on the hill, behind me in the photo. LOL

Okay, okay... just west of Newport.

I'm not addicted. It was exciting, and fun.

But until I find out if this thing tastes nasty, I'm not in a hurry to kill another one.

This dude got it, for revenge, and I feel much better now. :)

Moosie,

The big smile is because I was thinking of all the people that were gonna be shocked (and pissed off) by the news.

Krusty
wave1.gif

Nice, I don hunt up that valley, but I hear they have an excellent population of birds and good access. Stuff the bird with a nice venison sausage stuffing. Roast it in a bag. Serve it with the breast meat. Crockpot the rest to get the meat off for soup and enchiladas.

Nice bird ! They have allot more charactor then our eastrens do. But their a little dummer from what I was told by many of the eastren bird guides on my hunt in Oklahoma.
Congratulations.

"I hear they are dummer"

It wasn't smart to walk into range of my shotgun. ;)

SneakyJake,

I cant stuff and roast the bird, we breasted it out, took the legs (for soup), and vaccuum bagged it all up.

I'm probably going to smoke the meat, before I do anything else with it.

I kinda like the idea of making turkey burger out of it?

Krusty
wave1.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back