Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

I know Montana is full but…

It’s not just about “blending in” and “embracing what MT has to offer.” Transplants act like if they do that (or at least say that they do. And what does that even mean anyway?) that that somehow offsets what adding more bodies to the area does to this place. The NUMBER of people is what will ruin a place. They can all be God-fearing, gun loving, conservatives, but if there is enough of them there will only be higher costs, more regulations/restrictions, and decreased opportunity. I can’t stop you from coming here, but I wish you would understand what you coming here is doing to this place. It may be a better setup for you, but your making it worse for people who have been here for much longer than your fantasy of MT has existed.

*I’m going to try be done with these types of threads, they get me too fired up and pissy
Sorry to crowd you out. I bought an existing home though from a family that had kids. So technically I contributed to reducing the population, at least for the neighborhood and town I moved to. Your welcome.

I sense another bond coming....
I want heated streets so I don’t have to deal with increased snowplow traffic.

And, can we hire someone to keep the sheep off the road to Big Sky? I’ve had to stop in the road three times this week…

Also, all the ducks and geese live in town. 😡. FWIW, one of the school board members does seem favorably inclined to my suggestion that we dig a pit blind at the edge of the soccer field.

This couldn’t be more wrong. The force that pushed the people to Montana, specifically Bozeman, is technology. All the high costs associated with Bozeman are due to a more affluent immigrant that fled the big cities and can continue their vocation here, away from the masses.

Every time there is an economic collapse, Bozeman dodges the bullet better than most places, as it has the University here and enough economic base that it isn’t as affected by changes that ruin most everywhere else. I worked at one job in Bozeman for 43 years and during the worst of the 2008 recession, we were down less than 2%. In a market that was off as much as 20% in many places, 2% off was like being up 18%.

The people that do come here, are used to excessive taxes and infrastructure costs, so they contribute to that philosophy and want to add the nice running parks and bike paths to go to the “M” so they can ride their $5,000.00 bikes and run in their spandex jogging suits.

There isn’t a bond issue or a school levy they won’t vote for and they will tell you it only costs you another “pizza” a month. Well I’m tired of giving away so many pizzas/month so they can make this a better place, while they ruin what they came here for.

I can’t stop it, but I am tired of it. We did it to these people, I guess it’s our turn...

View attachment 197744

This couldn’t be more wrong. The force that pushed the people to Montana, specifically Bozeman, is technology. All the high costs associated with Bozeman are due to a more affluent immigrant that fled the big cities and can continue their vocation here, away from the masses.

Every time there is an economic collapse, Bozeman dodges the bullet better than most places, as it has the University here and enough economic base that it isn’t as affected by changes that ruin most everywhere else. I worked at one job in Bozeman for 43 years and during the worst of the 2008 recession, we were down less than 2%. In a market that was off as much as 20% in many places, 2% off was like being up 18%.

The people that do come here, are used to excessive taxes and infrastructure costs, so they contribute to that philosophy and want to add the nice running parks and bike paths to go to the “M” so they can ride their $5,000.00 bikes and run in their spandex jogging suits.

There isn’t a bond issue or a school levy they won’t vote for and they will tell you it only costs you another “pizza” a month. Well I’m tired of giving away so many pizzas/month so they can make this a better place, while they ruin what they came here for.

I can’t stop it, but I am tired of it. We did it to these people, I guess it’s our turn...

View attachment 197744
There must have been a lot of advancement in technology in the last year.

There must have been a lot of advancement in technology in the last year.
not really but working remotely for office jobs is here to stay. That means your not tied to any one specific location to do your job. The company I work for employees over 10,000 people...it's implemented a work from home policy, so have many EPC's. I have a new out of state neighbor here in SC...moved down from Vermont about a year ago. She still has her job for the company in Vermont but when they said she could be full time remote they moved down.

Every time I read this thread, I am reminded why It is a good thing that I have to travel 30 miles of gravel road to get to the closest town of more than 10,000.
I thought I lived in the boonies, being 30 miles from the closest Wally World and 20 miles from the closest fast food joint, before I visited that part of the world.

5qngju.jpg

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back