Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

I heard from the Sheep hunters...

Moosie

Grand poopa
And no Bueno thus far...... Sounds like the Local Outfitter was on par like history has been said about him. Sucks I guess when you have a 65k tag holder and some Local boyz show up in "your" area.

Good luck on Trip 2 boyz !!!!!

All factors point to that "Big O" is still alive and is still on the same mountain. At least that's what I want to believe.

Hope Boy Basco gets him. Nothing against Melton, his guides, or his hunters. I'm just rooting for the DIY'ers.

Yeppers, we made it back. Not a whole lot of 'success' as it's normally measured, but a good trip nontheless. BOY is heading back in next Friday for 2 weeks, so there's still plenty of time/hope. We did get more weather than we'd planned, which screwed up nearly two whole days of looking. That and our 'rides' decided the walk back to the trailhead was better than waiting out the storm, etc...

I could tell once I got back that I'm not a very good 'Leave No Trace' camper, I left 15# and a compass on a mountain somewhere... ;)

Good times in some great country even if we were told it's not very big... :D

back in

Sounds like BOY endured a pretty long, intense screamin' from the outfitter. He's got more patience than me. Pointer, what'd ya think of the place? We're headed in there for two weeks starting next Fri after work for sheep/goat. Will have to see what happens. Gonna go look where I got into them last year. It'll probably snow on us for a few days, then rain, then fog, then snow...like usual. Another DIY'er from here in SO ID to an 8+yr old three days ago in 27-4....our turn now.

Definitely some big, beautiful country! I know the walk in had me second guessing whether or not I'd ever put in for anything in there!! I was whooped at the end of the first day due to running out of water and limited food. But, by the next day I was thinking it was doable again! ;) Hope you two have the best of luck!! I definitely know that you two are in shape for it and that I wouldn't want to fight either of you in a bar (inside joke, ask BOY)!!!

Glad to here the guy in 27-4 found a good one!

The outfitter has no business taking that attitude with DIY'ers.

Ryan, you know that place well, but if you guys need to discuss the country, feel free to give me a shout. I'm in your corner.

Yeah, it's 'small' country... ;)

Day1-ThePackIn4.jpg

I've only heard good things about Melton. If he's screaming/bullying DYIers, he's lost my respect.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back