Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH

We got about 24" in sw montana today. We might see a bear before the season closes! First time I didn't get to go fish the Missouri in march. Can't wait for spring to finally get here

Was up at 4am to dispatch a predator trying to kill our chickens. Dry ground and was out there in my PJ’s. Now there’s at least 8” on the ground and snowing hard enough the horses won’t come out of the barn.

The way this March is shaping up, the Mountain Bluebirds and the Meadowlarks are going to show up at the same time.
I wasn't too far off with this prediction. Yesterday I saw the first Mountain Bluebird and today there was several Meadowlarks in the elm tree in the yard. I am sure that they were wondering if they went a little far north as we got 8 additional inches of snow today. Truth is they should have went a little farther north as very little snow fell just ten mile north.

Left home yesterday morning for Fence Lake with half inch on the ground to get a load of firewood. Hit a blizzard that had a couple inches on the road ,total whiteout. 10 miles of creeping into FL and sunshine as the plows pulled out of the road yard.
Sat in the truck with Rio while they loaded the wood. Rio watching some ducks in a puddle. He was intensely staring, not even replying to the dogs barking at us. Left with a full cord of nice wood and Rio still staring at the ducks in a puddle in the snow.
Got home as the snow thawed and then more snow.
3 inches this morning.
Unloaded the wood on bare ground at noon today. 40
28 now and the snow all week is gone until Thursday.

I really want to work outside. This is the weirdest winter anyone has seen in NM.

Left home yesterday morning for Fence Lake with half inch on the ground to get a load of firewood. Hit a blizzard that had a couple inches on the road ,total whiteout. 10 miles of creeping into FL and sunshine as the plows pulled out of the road yard.
Sat in the truck with Rio while they loaded the wood. Rio watching some ducks in a puddle. He was intensely staring, not even replying to the dogs barking at us. Left with a full cord of nice wood and Rio still staring at the ducks in a puddle in the snow.
Got home as the snow thawed and then more snow.
3 inches this morning.
Unloaded the wood on bare ground at noon today. 40
28 now and the snow all week is gone until Thursday.

I really want to work outside. This is the weirdest winter anyone has seen in NM.
Glad you got some wood. Got gas yet?

Glad you got some wood. Got gas yet?
Driver called Thurs. asking about road and I said wait til it dries out.
I did setup my 100# tank and RV regulator so I have fuel for cooking.

Nice and warm in here this morning. `17 outside.

Wood guy will stockpile several more cords for me. Turns out I have known him since he was in HS.
I'll have plenty now.

more snow here too... so over it. It keeps getting warm, then snowing again. I know it's good for the western water levels, etc, etc but hard on the animals and my mental state haha. Im not ready for summer yet, but this brutal cold, snow and wind is rough

I think its spring in NM.
Got snow Fri, Sat. Sun, and yesterday morning. Mostly sunny days.
A balmy 39 yesterday. Dry in the evening as I smoke/seared a T-bone.. It was dripping off the roof and muddy in the morning.

Cows and calves walking by now. Elk. Heading to beds up on the mesa. Fat elk.
Noticed some weeds sprouting yesterday and Rio is finding green grass somewhere. He likes the grass too.
Should be in the 40's today and tomorrow. Teens at night still.
Got a pork shoulder to smoke tomorrow before the next small storm hits Thurs. with snow and 60mph winds.
Wind. Spring in NM.

Clearing out a clients drifts today. snow won’t quit here and I’m ok with that …until May.

Attachments

• 90BD0C09-63C2-4EB2-9D1B-27603DF6846B.jpeg
    90BD0C09-63C2-4EB2-9D1B-27603DF6846B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 1FE2A0B3-9469-4741-9035-95AA98A2A346.jpeg
    1FE2A0B3-9469-4741-9035-95AA98A2A346.jpeg
    426.4 KB · Views: 7
Snowing again here in North Central Wyoming. They guessed at about 2” over night. Supposed to get some big snow/rain storms again next week too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back