I HAVE HAD ENOUGH

A small lake north of Grand Marais, MN today. This lake is usually ice free the last week of April. It’s May 2nd and I could have walked around out there. Not even any open water by shore. Plenty of snow in the woods yet also.

Attachments

• IMG_1111.jpeg
    IMG_1111.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1110.jpeg
    IMG_1110.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1112.jpeg
    IMG_1112.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
We've officially transitioned from arctic tundra to lush, verdant jungle. It feels great, but the birds (and howler monkeys, I swear) are waking me up too early...

The spring winds have died down some. Hit 77 yesterday and I watered my trees. Lost the apricot buds to the wind and freeze. Apples blooming so they might slip by this year and I can eat one.
Going to head out and take measurements for the deck on a calm day. When it warms up from 33...

No sympathy here. Besides the daily glitches our last outage on April 15th was 10 days.
Yeah that would suck bad. I just had to deal with the wife's mattress deflating overnight. Pissed me off at the time but it's funny now, she woke me up screaming last night saying she was blind. I said it's 11PM and the power is out. Oh, she said. :rolleyes:

33 again this morning and will hit 80's. Calm before it blows 40-60 tomorrow.

Big smoke plume yesterday afternoon south of me. I thought it was a control burn,
but it looked to be coming from Quemado Lake area and not Slaughter mesa.
Only burns showing are controlled down by Silver City. I'll ask around what's up today.

Calm Thursday so I can get more work done before thunderstorms come Sat.& Sun.
Never seen rain in May before here.
Prolonged forecast is above average rain this summer. It is summer already.

33 again this morning and will hit 80's. Calm before it blows 40-60 tomorrow.

Big smoke plume yesterday afternoon south of me. I thought it was a control burn,
but it looked to be coming from Quemado Lake area and not Slaughter mesa.
Only burns showing are controlled down by Silver City. I'll ask around what's up today.

Calm Thursday so I can get more work done before thunderstorms come Sat.& Sun.
Never seen rain in May before here.
Prolonged forecast is above average rain this summer. It is summer already.
There were signs on highway 32 last weekend about the Slaughter controlled burn. Not certain how large the treatment area was.

33 this morning after 81 yesterday. Smoke filling my valley.
Blowing hard 40-60mph now out of the SW, smoke pouring out of the Apache Forest. 61.
Glad most of it is blowing past me, but it is very smokey. Rio & I are riding it out on the couch.

"I've seen fire and I've seen rain..."
Hid from the smoke all day and had to run out and cover the smoker when it started raining before sunset.
Enough to dampen the dust some.
2 good sunny days this weekend and then 50-70% chance Mon. thru Thursday.
Rain in May in NM, we'll take it!
Winds calming down in SW today.

Ok, who left their fridge open? Got my smoker going out in the garage to get out of the wind and I can actually see my breath! This is bullshit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back