Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hushin -kicked out of Idaho?

In Colorado, we can get our Hunter's Ed card "verified" so that we no longer have to carry it. You go to a CPW office and they check your card. From that point forward, its marked with a V on your license. Unfortunately, it makes it very easy to forget that you have to carry your original one with you when hunting a different state.

Ok not to mean to beat this dead horse, but the new Hush video is Eric exclusively showing his prep for Idaho and goes on a big speech about making sure to get proper stamps etc...even mentions that he got his archery permit. I was of the understanding that the incident with improper permits happened this year? So did I miss something?? If the failure to buy a stamp happened this year, then there is no excuse with the speech about permits...

When we stopped at the Wal-Mart, I had to remind the dude behind the counter to add my archery permit. From my understanding the only permit it added off the bat was the depredation permit....
But when I attempted to do the same thing on my computer, it automatically added the archery permit. Wonder if the systems are the same?

I really don't know these guys but I will say that my perception of them changed about a year ago. We went to a family thing that was about ten minutes from the Lehi Cabelas. Eric Chesser was at Cabelas with his Fire Bull doing a promo thing. My daughter, who was 15 at the time, really wanted to go. She follows Eric and his girl friend on Instagram. It was really close to the time that it was supposed to end so we hurried. I figures they would already be gone or be loading up. We showed up right at the ending time and went over to talk with Eric. He was really a great guy and was way cool with my daughter. They took some pictures together and she showed him some hunting pictures she had. I bet we sat there and talked for 20 minutes and I never once felt like he wanted to get out of there. Like I said, I have a different view of these guys now.

A buddy of mine met B-Mack through their jobs. This entire time we planned for our elk trip, Brian offered advice and took our calls. In fact, after we killed and got cell service, he was one of the first people to call. At the time, he was in Montana with the Born and Raised guys. He took time from his hunt to call and celebrate the success we had. Really a great dude!

Always best to double check the details, but there is way too much ticky tack cr*p associated with hunting licenses -- stamps, tags, licenses, validations, hunters ed --> each is important in its own right, but in 2018 there are easier ways. For example, we were in SD last week -- even though SD G&F has the kids hunter's ed number in their system we have a minor crisis when we can't find the card -- in the end it was in a different pocket (no harm no fowl - pun intended), but there are ways to make this easier. For example, states should allow post-citation proof of existing hunter's ed, or if cell access reasonably available to the officer they should be able confirm with their systems, e-licenses should be the norm as most guys carry a cell, etc.

If you want to be internet famous, you best have your poop in a group. I have seen the level of detail Randy takes to ensure he is always in the right, because he knows if he takes one wrong step he will get roasted. It is the cost of being in the public eye, and they are choosing to be there. It is even worse if they are trying to glaze over it.

I have heard nothing but great things about these guys personally, and met Brian Mack on a flight home from the Rendezvous a couple of years ago. Great dude.

I generally think mtn ops is silly, and think they would be better off if they cut ties with those dudes (it sounds like they were big instigators in the whole helicopter raid in NZ). Ditch the suppliments and go all in on supporting conservation, and I would be much more likely to support them.

Always best to double check the details, but there is way too much ticky tack cr*p associated with hunting licenses -- stamps, tags, licenses, validations, hunters ed --> each is important in its own right, but in 2018 there are easier ways. For example, we were in SD last week -- even though SD G&F has the kids hunter's ed number in their system we have a minor crisis when we can't find the card -- in the end it was in a different pocket (no harm no fowl - pun intended), but there are ways to make this easier. For example, states should allow post-citation proof of existing hunter's ed, or if cell access reasonably available to the officer they should be able confirm with their systems, e-licenses should be the norm as most guys carry a cell, etc.

Agreed, honestly with 48 states (Mass and Hawaii are the holdouts) being part of the interstate wildlife compact) I'm surprised there isn't a national database where you can see a persons Hunter Ed info and all of the licenses they hold in every state.

I'm sure they're good dudes, just throwin some haterade.

I don't love how often they wound critters. I watched all of their youtube stuff for a couple years, when I was in my can't get enough content phase. They lose about 2 animals a year, that they show.... Here's a good one.

Skip to 8:05 to 8:30, a good refresher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8VuCdNpGyQ

And another, totally unethical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJtYXoUDTX4

There's at least a dozen more on video, too lazy to look for them.

Yeah there's a big difference between nice guys and ethical hunters. They are by default part of the FACE of hunting which I don't think is a great thing for hunting.

I'm sure they're good dudes, just throwin some haterade.

I don't love how often they wound critters. I watched all of their youtube stuff for a couple years, when I was in my can't get enough content phase. They lose about 2 animals a year, that they show.... Here's a good one.

Skip to 8:05 to 8:30, a good refresher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8VuCdNpGyQ

And another, totally unethical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJtYXoUDTX4

There's at least a dozen more on video, too lazy to look for them.

That first one is hard to watch. 800 yards? Why not get closer? Any why would you post this on the Internet and leave it up for 5 years?

I came here after watching the video they posted today. The girl they are hunting with just sailed one over the back of an elk at 31 yards....that's equally hard to imagine a clean miss at that distance.

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back