Hurricane Storm 2

Clawsar

Hey everyone, I was looking for a new target that was bigger than my Reinhart 18-1 to start playing with my recurve again. As always, I’d love a target that I could also shoot with my compound, but the VAPs with stainless outserts always bury up to my fletchings in normal bag targets or the affordable foam targets that are larger.
I stumbled on to the Hurricane Storm 2 which claimed to stop up to 400 FPS arrows for $45 with 2’x2’ dimensions. I couldn’t find anything online and decided to just buy one and try it.
So far I’m pretty impressed. Even in my garage at 8’, it stopped my arrows within 3-4 inches. These same arrows go about 4 inches into my reinhart. The flared outsert is still a small fight to get back through the bag face, but I think that’s to be expected for a bag target and these skinny arrows. Pulling it out to the bag face is easy, and my traditional arrows with the recurve are no problem. It supposedly can suck down to a thin package with a vacuum storage bag, but I haven’t tested that yet.
I will still likely shoot my compound into my reinhart 90% of the time, but it’s nice having that larger are to do walkback tuning past 30 yards and for more margin for my wild traditional shots.

Just thought I’d share.

Make sure you shoot different spots and front and back or else bag targets wear out quick and you'll have arrows go through. But if you move around your spot it'll last a good amount of time.

Thanks. This bag style also seems to be loose pellets or something inside as you’re supposed to shake and toss it every so often. That may help so it’s just the face that needs some repair or diy bag?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back