Hunttalk makes it on Elkshape. You keyboard warriors! Lol

I suppose the same could be said for forums like this, but there is actually a lot of incredible information shared here by a lot of good people. I don't think the same could be said for all those other platforms. My son in law is on Instagram constantly. He just scrolls and scrolls through useless crap.

Just sayin’…

😉

Honest question...how do people find the time to watch hunting content? Every once in awhile I will watch a Colorado sheep or deer hunt if it shows up in suggested videos in the sidebar, but otherwise...nada. I haven't even watched a Randy video in a couple of years (sorry, Randy).
I wonder this as well. I'm not anyone important in the scheme of life and consider myself pretty ordinary but a wife, 2 kids, and a full time job keeps me too busy to watch more than the occasional video and it really has to interest me or someone recommend it before I'm watching.

Honest question...how do people find the time to watch hunting content? Every once in awhile I will watch a Colorado sheep or deer hunt if it shows up in suggested videos in the sidebar, but otherwise...nada. I haven't even watched a Randy video in a couple of years (sorry, Randy).

I used to watch hunting content on YouTube in the winter when conditions were not ideal to be outside for a run or bicycle ride (rain, snow, slippery conditions) - I'd turn on a hunting-related video and get on the treadmill or stationary bike. I do not do that as much anymore, since YouTube turned into AdTube and is filled with a lot of annoying garbage ("hit the like button" and "smash the subscribe button" - - - ad nauseum.) When doing indoor cardio now, I just stream a movie - they are longer in duration, don't have any ads, and do not require me to hit the "skip" button or find something different to watch every few minutes. I definitely watch less hunting shows now than before.

So some grifters don't like being criticized? Not about to waste my buzz listening to those clowns.
Congrats to whoever got the shout out about the cam juice.

I listened to it as a podcast the other day driving around working. It was actually better and a little more introspective than I expected.

Whether or not i think a good sum of matts opinions are short-sighted and he isnt entirely correct is irrelevant. Its pretty clear all of us (including and especially people like this who NEED to ask themselves some of what matt says) are talking about things that are healthy. The elk shape guy seems to bring up some good points here and there - but as someone else said - he does seem to be actively considering the ethics of what hes doing. Guess i can finally say it was a productive post 🤣

Seperate part i find funny - boomers with likely weeks of active time on this forum talking about how this or that person wastes. I consume SOME hunting media(fresh tracks, some meat eater in the past) in a lot of places that people never dreamed of 15 years ago - have you people ever waited on your wife? Or went to the doctors office and sat and waited? In airports or flights? On drives? Other times - just for fun - but its certainly wildly accessible which is why its more consumed. Call me crazy but it beats the shit out of watching/reading the news on repeat forever like some fuds i know. An internet forum dick measuring contest about your lack of tv time is quite ironic.

Whether or not i think a good sum of matts opinions are short-sighted and he isnt entirely correct is irrelevant. Its pretty clear all of us (including and especially people like this who NEED to ask themselves some of what matt says) are talking about things that are healthy. The elk shape guy seems to bring up some good points here and there - but as someone else said - he does seem to be actively considering the ethics of what hes doing. Guess i can finally say it was a productive post 🤣

Seperate part i find funny - boomers with likely weeks of active time on this forum talking about how this or that person wastes. I consume SOME hunting media(fresh tracks, some meat eater in the past) in a lot of places that people never dreamed of 15 years ago - have you people ever waited on your wife? Or went to the doctors office and sat and waited? In airports or flights? On drives? Other times - just for fun - but its certainly wildly accessible which is why its more consumed. Call me crazy but it beats the shit out of watching/reading the news on repeat forever like some fuds i know. An internet forum dick measuring contest about your lack of tv time is quite ironic.
Your Elkshape podcast is gay, nobody likes it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back