Hunts in SE Oregon w/guaranteed outfitter tags

Washington Hunter

I just got this emailed to me. Not a bad deal for somebody with money to burn. Both of these are good mule deer units in SE Oregon, and can take quite a few years to draw, especially for NR's, as Oregon limits NR's to only 5% of the tags, and half of those are for these hunts (the outfitter guaranteed tag hunts) so really only 2 1/2% of Oregon tags are available for out of state do-it-yourself hunters. Just thought I would post it here, because I sure can't afford $1800 for a deer hunt. Maybe some of you rich guys can. (moosie) :D

The following rifle mule deer hunts are available in S/E Oregon. These are limted entry areas with very good deer populations. Hunters can either book fully guided hunts or drop camp hunts. Drop camp hunts come with everything except food and sleeping bag!

Beattys Butte (3 tags available) $1800 for the drop camp $3500 fully guided 2x1 or $3950 1x1 guided. Tags and license is $530. Normally it will take hunters about 8 years to draw this unit! 22-28" 170" plus bucks can be taken here.

Wagontire Unit (4 tags available) $1800 for the drop camps only in this unit. Tags and license is $530. Normally it will take hunters about 4-5 years to draw this unit! 20-26" bucks can be taken here.

Retired MLB Pitcher Kevin Gross archery hunted with this outfit last year and averaged 4 stalks per day!

These guide/outfitter tags must be purchased by 3/31/07!

Keith Hartman
Owner/Adventures West Recreation
P.O. Box 2675
Paso Robles, CA 93447
(805)674-1623
www.adventureswestrecreation.com

Wagontire

I've hunted the Wagontire and the deer are very scarce. There are a few bigger animals in there, but they are really spread thin. I've heard that Beatty's is not in that much better shape. If I were to choose between the units listed I would go for Beatty's. If I had to pay that kind of $$$ to hunt one of those units, I would go elsewhere. I am sure this outfitter spends lots of time in those units to find the animals, but there just aren't many deer to choose from. Good luck if anyone decides to go.

Neither are trophy units. Both have very low deer #'s. I know of some good bucks killed in the Wagontire unit in the last few years. High Desert Outfitters is the way to go for the Wagontire unit. 2 very commited guys looking year around for Antelop, sheep and deer. Both units have a ton of public property also.

Back