Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Huntinggpsmaps

Summitthunting

My dad is going to order the Colorado map but was wondering if he should get the BLM4GPS or the PLAT4GPS. Which one do you use?

I only use USGS 7.5 minute maps direct from USGS. If you are looking for a broad / large area on one map then just about any of the BLM maps will work. Really comes down to what you are doing.

I use the blm4gps. Best I can tell the only difference is the added plat owner data? Check with the vendor to see what other differences there may be. Personally I do not need owner name info for parcels, since private versus public color shading is all I need to stay out of trouble since I rarely have pvt land access.

They are the same price? so if I could turn off the display of owner names I would likely get the plat4 product since more data is better than less data?

What GPS model will he use it on?

Last edited:
My dad is going to order the Colorado map but was wondering if he should get the BLM4GPS or the PLAT4GPS. Which one do you use?

Pretty much what KHunter said. If you need the private landowner names, go with the PLAT. If only land status is what you are looking for, save a little coin and go with the BLM.

The only difference between BLM4GPS and PLAT4GPS maps is landowners' names are provided on PLAT4GPS. All of the color coding for public, private property, topo, roads, trails, all other features are the same.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dfair2798
Back