Hunting with a suppressed rifle?

Theres always one! haha

Do you not like the look?
Sako was never screw cut, had a Browning and Blaser with a moderator, fo me it just affects the balance, but thats just me.
My next rifle won't have one either, because one can't be fitted to it ;)
Cheers
Richard

Reactions: TWC
Illegal here :(

*Cries in Canadian*

I guess I'll go legally saw off some shotguns to drown my sorrow.
Don't feel bad, they're illegal in the US if you don't pay for a permission slip from the feds.

Just ordered a 6 spiral Raptor with a 4" reflex mount for my 6.5prc. I hope my fingerprints don't come up on any stolen reloading components from Belgrade. Will end up with a suppressed 9.5" suppressor on a 21" barrel, but only 5.5" beyond the current muzzle length, and even with a Schmidt PMii, still 7.5lbs loaded. How long does the new electronic process typically take now?

Reactions: DFS
Just ordered a 6 spiral Raptor with a 4" reflex mount for my 6.5prc. I hope my fingerprints don't come up on any stolen reloading components from Belgrade. Will end up with a suppressed 9.5" suppressor on a 21" barrel, but only 5.5" beyond the current muzzle length, and even with a Schmidt PMii, still 7.5lbs loaded. How long does the new electronic process typically take now?
My last one was 6 months. Submitted last February and got it out of jail in august. Their goal was 90 days or less but i don’t know anyone personally that’s gotten it back that quick.

So this special permit or stamp you have to have to legally own one, is that kind of like registering yourself as a federal gun owner?

Well, I have to admit a change, I sold the Blaser Stutzen, bought a Steyr and put on a sound moderator (suppressor) on it, hated doing it as it ruins the balance, but, it does enable me to shoot more than one deer as they often don't know where the shot comes from and they get confused.

A little tip, when I was zeroing the gun I had a wayward shot, it was because the moderator had started to loosen, easily rectified, one wrap of plumbers tape on the threads stops this happening.

Cheers

Richard

My eForm took 288 days. Start to finish 11 months from purchase until I had suppressor in hand. Finally got it last month.

I find it amazing so many people liiking for really light rifles to carry then hang on a suspresore, after market recoil pads and huge scopes. Time they get done they may have been able to buy a rifle in a cartridge they could handle and come out ahead!

My house has two suppressors. First took 9 months with paper. E form took 6 months.

I created a Gun Trust and have the family and both suppressors in it. Boys can use without any issues and my wife won’t be in violation of Federal laws should I die.

Well, I have to admit a change, I sold the Blaser Stutzen, bought a Steyr and put on a sound moderator (suppressor) on it, hated doing it as it ruins the balance, but, it does enable me to shoot more than one deer as they often don't know where the shot comes from and they get confused.

A little tip, when I was zeroing the gun I had a wayward shot, it was because the moderator had started to loosen, easily rectified, one wrap of plumbers tape on the threads stops this happening.

Cheers

Richard
New rifle? Pic?

I find it amazing so many people liiking for really light rifles to carry then hang on a suspresore, after market recoil pads and huge scopes. Time they get done they may have been able to buy a rifle in a cartridge they could handle and come out ahead!

Not about handling recoil for me. It’s about saving my ears. I’ve got a 6.5 prc with a leupold vx5hd on it and my suppressor and it’s still under 8lbs

I know this is the internet and all. But what is amazing to me is how many people will comment on subjects they obviously know absolutely nothing about, and then talk down to people who have made different gear choices based on their needs and preferences.

I know this is the internet and all. But what is amazing to me is how many people will comment on subjects they obviously know absolutely nothing about, and then talk down to people who have made different gear choices based on their needs and preferences.

And you’ll see the same garbage repeated over and over by the same people…

I have a YH Resonator K. I have shot it on my 308 AR’s, my 5.56 AR’s, a tikka 6.5, and my Christensen 300wsm. It being a short can, it doesn’t do a considerable difference on the 300 but on everything else it is superb for its length and weight. Especially on the 308 AR’s. I want to have my 7-08 threaded and try it on there.

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors
Back