Hunting Trailer

Rooster52

Here is our new Hunting Trailer all aluminum,.Insulated,tiled the floor ,installed 3 windows,built cots for two people and put in a toilet and wash room.Also installed a 12 volt battery and 7 interior lights.]
trailer3_zpsep6u1xgt.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
I like it! I purchased a used 7 1/2 x16 foot 2011 Wells Cargo Work Force trailer with tandem axle (ramp door) as a hunting trailer and need to do the conversion yet, but I think the size of yours would tow much easier...

I tow it with a ford expedition and it hardly cuts my milage. Of course the ford expedition is not great on fuel to start with.Just pulling it around Michigan I get 10-12 m:pG.
Just wanted something for a hunt camp other than our 28 foot Jayco or a tent. This should work great.

Our first real road trip is next week.Going to North Dakota on a prarriedog shoot.

Best of luck to you on the pdog shoot! I saw the first mosquitos of the year earlier today; the 10 day forecast is looking pretty decent, the warm weather might have the mosquitos crawling all over you though...

Been using a do it yourself camper for about 10 years now. You might want to consider putting in at least one roof vent. The condensate can get pretty bad when it gets cold and you have some type heat going.

Best of luck to you on the pdog shoot! I saw the first mosquitos of the year earlier today; the 10 day forecast is looking pretty decent, the warm weather might have the mosquitos crawling all over you though...

Mosquitoes are thick here in the last 2 days. Without deet you will literally have hundreds of them swarming you in seconds of stepping foot into the lawn. With deet only %50 will bite you;)

Looks like RVs in that size go for $8-$16,000.

Fair bit of sweat equity...

We gave $4200 with tax for the trailer.Then another $650 for the spare tire and windows and material used.

You can buy older ones for far less. Put a little "Sweat Equity" into one of them and have one with beds, water, sinks, tables etc. Just wondering why you would buy a work trailer when a travel trailer of the same size is cheaper?

I wanted new not used. From the used ones I found were good and used. and they still wanted a high price.
I have a tavel trailer but it is to much to haul from Michigan out west just for a week or two of hunting.This trailer hauls like a dream.And when we get back home I can remove the beds and use it as a cargo trailer.

Wow, very nice sir! I'd have no problem camping in that! (grin)

ElkNut1

I wanted new not used. From the used ones I found were good and used. and they still wanted a high price.
I have a tavel trailer but it is to much to haul from Michigan out west just for a week or two of hunting.This trailer hauls like a dream.And when we get back home I can remove the beds and use it as a cargo trailer.

That's what I like about ours too. I use it in the off season for hauling any and everything. Can't do much moving furniture with a camper in the off season.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back