Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hunting the Navajo reservation

ERSS

Anyone had any experience hunting elk or deer on the Navajo Res?

My wife is Navajo, and we spend a week or two down there every other year for a reunion. Alot of the land around the res is pretty good elk country. However, most of her relatives down there go to Colorado to hunt.

Just wondering, since I found out as a Navajo spouse, I can get the license at the member rate. Might put in for next year....

any of you guys done it?

I have hunted there... but , It was at night, and when the Cops came I had to run.... I droped my gun, Man, way to bring back those memories.... ;)

Navajo, Navajo.......................Mexican indian you SOB.

Sorry, Young Guns.

Why are they going to Colorado to hunt? Didn't draw on the rez............or it sucks for elk?

I have heard about good Mulies there, never heard about elk.

I think they might have some kind of tribal hunting rights around Durango.

The online regs show that most of the hunts, except the ones listed as trophy hunts, seem pretty easy to draw and some have decent success rates.

Of course, as a "Navajo spouse", I don't get to pay the tribe member rate for trophy hunts. Only the regular tags. However, the wife and kids can draw the trophy hunts and pay the member fee. If nothing else, maybe I will start putting them in for the bighorn hunt.

Found some info, and looks like the far northwestern corner of the res, on the Little Colorado river is where the majority of the elk are.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dfair2798
Back