Hunting Partner Wyoming unit 16

WVbiggamehunter

My best friend and I did a party application for antelope in Wyoming this year. We successfully drew unit 16.

My best friend ended up getting a new job and doesn’t have the vacation to go hunting.

I was wondering if anyone would like to tag along on a hunt with me, I know I’m skilled enough to kill an animal but it’s new country to me, and I don’t want to get hurt and be stuck out.

Just go.

Take precautions. First aid and survival kits. Extra tire for your truck. Chains and some recovery straps.

Verify that your cell phone carrier will work, get a satellite phone, or get a SPOT or similar device.

Go hunt and have fun.

I hope you find a partner but, if you don't, just go. You'll be fine. An antelope hunt there is going to be safer than any hunt you do at home that involves a tree stand. Good luck!

I hunt the neighboring unit. You will very likely not have cell phone service, but you should not let that phase you. Just go. It is an easy, fun hunt and there really is no danger.

My best friend and I did a party application for antelope in Wyoming this year. We successfully drew unit 16.

My best friend ended up getting a new job and doesn’t have the vacation to go hunting.

I was wondering if anyone would like to tag along on a hunt with me, I know I’m skilled enough to kill an animal but it’s new country to me, and I don’t want to get hurt and be stuck out.
I just got back from Wyoming antelope hunt alone. I just took extra time to make the drive and was extra careful not to do anything risky. You will be fine and if you are friendly will probably have the opportunity to meet others once you get there.

When are you intending to go? I assume you’re leaving from WV? I’m driving from MD, hunting two units near unit 16, late in Oct, also alone. I don’t know that I’m interested in merging our trips or anything, but I’d be happy to swap contact info, in case you get stuck or need a hand with something. Or maybe grab a beer. Shoot me a PM if that'll help you.

16 public roads are pretty good. If wet, they'll be slick, so stick to graveled roads and walk more. That said, pressure is intense, so walk away from any accessible roads a few miles. Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back