Caribou Gear

Hunting over water tank

It may be coarse of me to say this but raise your trophy expectations to the point it is not a problem...

Like the saying "Everything has a price".

I fished with a guy who setup a treestand for antelope on a windmill. Got a beauty of a buck. But he wasn't going to be indiscriminate.

Bring a camera. You will get some great opportunities with non target wildlife as well.

You can always pass. I think the nature of stand hunting will prove to be a challenge. Even over water.

My son has a couple buddies coming out this weekend to sit. We will see how it plays out. Have had antelope, a couple small muley bucks and a couple whitey does on the trail cam. I most likely won't hunt the tanks. We will see how friends and family do.

Are you hauling water in just to hunt, or are you hauling the water for the benefit of all the animals that would lack a good water source if you stopped? That second part is what would allow me to hunt in good conscience. One is a somehwat selfish mindset. One is conservationist mindset. At the end of the day, you're the only one that has to live with the decision, so make the decision you can live with.

Are you hauling water in just to hunt, or are you hauling the water for the benefit of all the animals that would lack a good water source if you stopped? That second part is what would allow me to hunt in good conscience. One is a somehwat selfish mindset. One is conservationist mindset. At the end of the day, you're the only one that has to live with the decision, so make the decision you can live with.
Hauling water so the critters have something to drink and stick around. This one was at 20 yds. CA0206CF-A9E2-47D9-9F8C-0E2F237E5500.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back