Hunting in NE Utah

1_pointer

I was wondering if anyone here hunts in NE Utah?? I was looking through the regs on their web site. That's like an encylopedia compared to the regs here in IN. I will be living in the Cache Valley(Logan). Any and all advice will be appreciate. Yeah, I know Moosie, I am not the far from ID. May have to pay for those tags too.

I hunted alot in the Logan area. Logan canyon is the route up over the hill into Bear lake. It goes right out of the main part of town and up the mountain. Anyone will be able to show you way just go past Utah State U. and your`re on your way. I killed my first elk in Logan canyon at a place called Jebo canyon witch is in the sinks road near the top of the canyon. Also shot some deer in the same area. On the other side of the road, I think the name of the road is swan flat road clear up on the highest ridges on the right at the end my friend shot two Pope and Young bucks. Check out Temple Fork also in Logan canyon. These are some places to start. WH

Wallhangers how long has it been since you hunted there? The elk herd is doing great in these areas the deer not as well. You can still find a nice one but they are very few and far between. The elk unit is now a spike/limited entry unit. If you are just looking for a spike its almost a cake walk but trying to draw a tag for a good bull is tough.
Good luck

It`s been quite awhile ago, late 80`s. Sounds like lots of changes. My friends and I took alot of decent animals out of those areas. I moved to Wyoming and haven`t hunted there since. WH

Back