PEAX Equipment

Hunting gear that punches BELOW its price point

It may have been explained in more detail but curious about the folks who said Havalon knives?

I love using them and have a hard time seeing the argument, unless you think they are overpriced to start with.

One tip for those who do use them that helps with the punching to price point ratio: You can buy the blades online and in bulk packages by just searching for medical scalpel blades in the appropriate size. They are marked up when you buy the little twelve packs with Havalon branding on them.
My daughter uses Havalon scalpel a lot in her taxidermy work and learned early on that buying medical blades through Amazon in bulk is the way to go. I prefer a small Martini fillet knife for same work. Havalon break too easily. I can sharpen the fillet knife faster than I can change a Havalon blade. It's a lot easier to clean up too.

Last edited:
Who wants sweaty meat!?!?

Bruh, I legit unzip my fly when on long hikes to cool down the beans...
As you know from another thread, my sweaty nether regions problem is on the backside. Hmmm. Hiking pants with a second fly zipper up the butt crack might work. Market it in the high end outdoors outlets with the right advertising and it would sell like hotcakes. Would probably also do well in stores in certain parts of San Francisco.

As you know from another thread, my sweaty nether regions problem is on the backside. Hmmm. Hiking pants with a second fly zipper up the butt crack might work. Market it in the high end outdoors outlets with the right advertising and it would sell like hotcakes. Would probably also do well in stores in certain parts of San Francisco.

Hey @Moosie can we get a Crak-Jak design for Ontario?

Truly a Zinger.

Hits ya with the one, two, throat punch every so often. That's how it should be. @OntarioHunter has skin like a rhinos A$$, and the whit's of an aged orangutan.

Well Played sir, well played.
Time to pull out the white flags. Mine is oilcloth from Filson's. Where'd you get yours?

So,your a plumber?

It may have been explained in more detail but curious about the folks who said Havalon knives?

I love using them and have a hard time seeing the argument, unless you think they are overpriced to start with.

One tip for those who do use them that helps with the punching to price point ratio: You can buy the blades online and in bulk packages by just searching for medical scalpel blades in the appropriate size. They are marked up when you buy the little twelve packs with Havalon branding on them.
Not the price. You could give me one for free and I wouldn't use it for big game. The blades can break. My experience of trying to find a broken blade lost in the carcass while trying to break down a deer under a headlamp in 70+ degrees wasn't fun. Then wishing I had needle nose pliers to get the remaining blade safely removed from the handle. THEN wishing I had cleaned the gunk from the handle better so I didn't proceed to break the next blade. Call it operator error, but a good knife and sharpener never pissed me off.

I have the remaining blades from my Havalon somewhere. If anyone wants them PM me and I will mail them to you. If you want the whole thing, it is somewhere between a mountain in SW Idaho and the Oregon State line.

check out the sleeves on the picture of the dude with the puffy shorts. I am glad I wasn't chosen for that model job.

About every 3 posts hits the TMI content. Always.

When I read this my mind went to @Moosie with the new zip off backpacking jacket. Maybe his next product to develop is some hunting pants with a zip off ass.

Not the price. You could give me one for free and I wouldn't use it for big game. The blades can break. My experience of trying to find a broken blade lost in the carcass while trying to break down a deer under a headlamp in 70+ degrees wasn't fun. Then wishing I had needle nose pliers to get the remaining blade safely removed from the handle. THEN wishing I had cleaned the gunk from the handle better so I didn't proceed to break the next blade. Call it operator error, but a good knife and sharpener never pissed me off.

I have the remaining blades from my Havalon somewhere. If anyone wants them PM me and I will mail them to you. If you want the whole thing, it is somewhere between a mountain in SW Idaho and the Oregon State line.
Not operator error. Also my experience using them to skin deer heads. Perpetually replacing blades. Imagine trying to hunt up a broken blade inside a body cavity when it's -20. I kinda get it why surgeons use them. Easier to replace blades on a scalpel than resharpern and sanitize them. Hell, they now also throw away gauze scissors and hemoststs in the ER. I dig them out of the trash when staff leave the room.

Not operator error. Also my experience using them to skin deer heads. Perpetually replacing blades. Imagine trying to hunt up a broken blade inside a body cavity when it's -20. I kinda get it why surgeons use them. Easier to replace blades on a scalpel than resharpern and sanitize them. Hell, they now also throw away gauze scissors and hemoststs in the ER. I dig them out of the trash when staff leave the room.
For a "multi-millionaire" you sure sound like a cheap bastard!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back