Hunting Elk In Their Beds?

critter his 3rds are a little too short I'm not sure I would have wasted my time:rolleyes: very nice

Mud, funny you say that, i almost let that bull go specifically because of those weak G3's......(assuming your talking about the first bull of course:)) Wife had been getting on me a bit so i told her i would arrow the next decent bull i saw, he fit into the decent category so he got arrowed:)

I love hunting elk in the timber, or any animal for that matter. Move slow and get the wind. There are times when I'll wait out an animal vs going in after them. But I've lucky enough to walk up on lots of elk, both bedded and feeding. IMO elk are one of the easiest animals to sneak up on. They make so much noise that you can get away with quite a bit of noise.

Appreciate the input from all - but I am surprised of the number of you guys that would not hunt in their beds - If that is where they are and I can't get them elsewhere in I go - and based on the advice here just need to learn how to make a lot more noise or no noise at all - apparently anything in the middle does'nt work...know that from experience.....lol

R

Back