MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hunting Camo

NW_Hunter

Hey guys, need a few opinions from you all. I cant make my mind up if i should buy a bunch of Predator Camo or Under Armour Camo? Please comment and tell me what you guys think or some suggestions for othere camo! Thanks

Avoid cotton. Cotton kills.

Avoid using any detergent to wash your camo that has brightening capability since will cause your clothing to glow blue to deer and elk. Smurfs are terrible hunters.

Any brand, any pattern that fits is good to go unless you are trying to hide from other hunters then need to think about the background you will have behind you when hunting. Sage? Pine? Oak? Corn? Chainlink (could not resist, sorry Texans).

Depends on where your hunting and what time of year. LopeHunter is DEAD on, cotton keeps the moisture next to your skin which cools your body. I work from base layer out. Something to wick the moisture away. I am a little old fashion, my outer layer is wool. You may purchase good camo patterns in wool.

If those were my choices I would pick deception brown. It should serve you well in most environments. From what I can tell their stuff is pretty good quality but not top end.....not top end price either.

Just use Merino wool. Absolutely do not use synthetics. They will stink within 30 minutes of putting them on.

Merino Base Layers,or Capaline....and what hunt clothes you use were you hunt that works for you.
I use Micro-tex& Kings,fleece,and wool.
I have warm weather cooling bases for hot weather,but usually not needed.
My Capaline is close second to merino for not smelling after a few days.

No Cotton,underarmor,plastic stuff or you will smell like a gym in an hour,IMHO

Last edited:
All these fellas are correct. Quality of clothes over pattern any day. I have a full set of Under Armour hunting clothing and although I was happy, there are better quality clothes out there. Once I began to invest in Kings Camo (www.kingscamo.com), everything changed. There are many other companies like kings that just have quality garments. They cost more, but are well worth it.

In my opinion, it is some of the best camo on the market (there are others as well). Again not just for the pattern, but for the quality of the garments. Their XKG line of gear is some of the best I have tested http://www.kingscamo.com/XKG-Series_c_89.html and I am not necessarily easy on my equipment. I would encourage you to start with their Lone Peak Jacket and/or their XKG Ridge Pant. Most people (in my circles) talk about these two garments the most (although all of their other items are fantastic as well). I currently own everything from their base layer to the jackets. My under armour clothing stays in my storage containers.

Just use Merino wool. Absolutely do not use synthetics. They will stink within 30 minutes of putting them on.

Really? I've never used Merino, so not sure as the stink factor. I wear all synthetic clothing, and after 7-10 days of wearing the same cloths, they don't stink any worse than I do.

Sorry, can't help on the camo, because I think its use way over rated, and WAY over marketed. I haven't worn camo in for the last 7-8 years, and can't say that my kill rate has suffered. Don't over think it, just buy quality gear.

In another thread i saw Kings mentioned just for their pattern. Ive been relatively oblivious to material until recently. Kings has 3 different series. Do I just go for the XKG stuff, or is the hunter series ok too? THANKS!

Quality gear and material is what to pay attention to. Solid color is as good as camo. Camo is just a marketing strategy.

www.asat.com Great top layer with Minus 33 merino wool base layer and you are good to go. Wind and stillness are the most important, but good camo will have them looking through you instead of at you. The stuff that looks like bushes and trees usually looks just like a solid from 20 feet and beyond. Any season, any terrain, ASAT.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back