Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Huntin' Fool Membership Drive

jryoung

Have you guys seen the Membership Drive from the Huntin' Fool. I'm a sucker for the sucker bet, but I couldn't help but notice the FMV of the grand prize Henry Mtn. Hunt was $130k.

I bet it is damn good odds whoever wins is not expecting a 1099 with $130k on it. Hopefully, guys are asking themselves if they'd pay $45k for that hunt.

Ouch. Hope the tag is transferable so you could sell it then take the net after taxes to go do a nice hunt. Like my daddy says, Mo money, Mo problems (daddy watches a lot of NBA games and tends to get confused about his German roots this time of year...bring on Octoberfest!).

If I buy a Utah auction tag, can I transfer it? If so, that is one way to get a UT tag to raffle. Henry deer tags go for around $90K at auction.

Does UT award tags for turning in poachers? If so, can those be transferred?

So they get to claim a donation to a non-profit which they write off on their taxes then turn around and 1099 you for something they took a deduction on? Hmmm… where's that CPA guy that lurks around here to clear this one up?

HF will have to claim income from the raffle sales, which will far surpass the cost of the tag or they wouldn't do it.

That would be an awesome tag! how come all you guys bash sfw but drop jaw for RMEF. Every time i see the team elk show on outdoor channel , David allen is huffing and puffing through a giant private ranch in new mexico or arizona hunting giant bulls that would cost the average joe $15000- $20,000. i guess thats only 1000 membership dues.

SFW and RMEF are two totally different organizations in my opinion. No comparison. mtmuley

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back