Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Hunters with ATVs cause thousands of dollars of damage to alpine tundra trail

The private land I hunted 25 years ago in Trinity Co., CA was my guide's land and not mine. I chose that Mr. Rourke in Trinity Co. for that "small" buck because his fee then was only $500. Included three square meals by his wife, cleaning/quartering the deer and field retrieval of the deer by 4x4 truck. A ground squirrel hunt was also included as a bonus. That $500 guide fee was about my threshold for what I wanted to spend then. I just had a hankering to get out and shoot 'something', deer-wise, once and for all. The guide would have surcharged me an extra $750 to take a "trophy" buck off his spread. I was only interested in meat. As I recall, there were no doe/antlerless tags easily available then. That zone was chosen by me for relatively inexpensive tags that did not have to be drawn and that was my guide's zone. I think the tag even then was $70 something for me as a resident. But that's pricey CA for you. Here in OK, deer can be had much cheaper, fees-wise, off of any of a number of public-accessible properties. Plenty of antlerless/doe opportunities here to boot.
Ahhhh ok? But Tom, just an FYI, if you paid $70 for a Cali deer tag in 1996 you got hosed by somebody. They’re not that much for a Res even now and back then they were about $14. Seems like a lot of effort for
30-40# of meat that you don’t really seem to like all that much🤷🏻‍♂️

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back