PEAX Equipment

Hunt Talker 2023 Fitness Goals

Well I'm down to 182, which is my end of week weight. No beer, diet and exercise gets me there. I will be back to 185 after a weekend full of junk food and beer. It's a never ending cycle :ROFLMAO:.

Maybe just maybe I will try and be healthier on the weekend.

Accountability check in
1. Current weight 179; down 9 lbs since beginning of year. Been using my fitness pal and 2-300 calorie deficit per day
2. 6 of 10 hrs per week exercise. Always short on weights.
3. 7 hr/night of sleep. Been cutting down screen time beforehand using functionality of iPhone. Work and kids cut it short sometimes
4. 150/2200 mi. 180 short. Been hiking and backcountry skiing more which are lower distances. Need to start biking but it’s too cold! This is why I have a time based goal as primary.

Late to the game, and also glad to see someone started one of these!

my goals are the following for 2023:

1. Be able to fit in 10 year old 33” waist jeans (been good for last 9 years but 3rd kid this past year has me pushing limits) 187 lbs to 173ish OR just reducing the spare tire. will accomplish this mostly through diet, and increasing exercise

2.10 hr exercise per week; consisting of 3x cardio/week 8 hr
2x weights 1hr
2x mobility/yoga 1hr

3. Get more sleep 7:30/night. Will be mostly done by Going sleep by 1030pm with no screen starting at 930. Maybe even sleep through the entire night (3 kids under 5). awake by 500 to exercise or begin work

4. (Copied this one) 2200 (half my age x 100) total miles over all activities (400 hiking, 1400 biking, 300 running, 100 backcountry skiing, etc)

5. 3 summer weekends scouting

6. Leading to the Hunting trips 2 x 5 night (elk with bow) spot and stalk and 4 x 2 night (deer)

Attachments

• D388E7B2-E1C7-41E2-8A52-6DC2BB5670B2.jpeg
    D388E7B2-E1C7-41E2-8A52-6DC2BB5670B2.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 5
I use the Runkeeper app on my phone to track my runs, mostly just for time and distance of each run. It's always trying to get me to join this or that challenge, but the one that actually makes sense for me is a 50K challenge in a month. That's about how far I run if I just do my usual run three times a week, so it's really a reinforcement for doing what I'm supposed to do. But.... I hit 50K for the month on my run this morning.

QQ

Guess I'll join up on this thread. Watching calories and carbs a little but mostly calorie intake. Trying to work out 20 to 40 minutes per day depending on the day. One cheat day per week. So far 2 weeks in and down 14 lbs as of last Friday. Started at 228 would like to be down at 175. Long ways to go. For any of you guys watching calories what do set for your goal for the day? I've been trying to keep it right around 1,400 per day after figuring in my work out. Some days are easier to do than others.

Guess I'll join up on this thread. Watching calories and carbs a little but mostly calorie intake. Trying to work out 20 to 40 minutes per day depending on the day. One cheat day per week. So far 2 weeks in and down 14 lbs as of last Friday. Started at 228 would like to be down at 175. Long ways to go. For any of you guys watching calories what do set for your goal for the day? I've been trying to keep it right around 1,400 per day after figuring in my work out. Some days are easier to do than others.
Just don’t skimp on protein. It’s not just for getting “yoked”, it really helps keep me from wanting to snack. I do better if I eat more calories and burn more. I try to stay around 2,000, and burn ~500-600 on top of what I burn just staying alive. If I get my calorie intake too low my body really wants to shutdown or I crave carbs/sugar really bad.

Take this advice from a guy who goes from 200 during elk season up to 225 by the end of winter and has to start all over again every year because I’m an idiot.

1400 is really low and probably not healthy. Download the my fitness pal app. It will tell you how many calories you can eat to meet your goal. I told it that I wanted to lose 2 lbs per week and it set my calories at 2250. I’ve been burning 500 calories a day at the gym, which is factored in and means I come in below my number even when I eat 2250 calories.

Makes sense as I do the same, I'll give er a try.
I’m not a fan of chicken, but I eat a lot when I get hungry. Usually I grill some breasts on Sunday then I have plenty for salad all week for lunch. I buy the jugs of protein powder, I make a shake and throw it in my lunch for when I get hungry mid afternoon. It seems to be better than a bat of chips and a king sized snickers. 🤣

They do sell the shakes in gas stations but that way is expensive, they sell them in 12 pack style cases in most box stores too. The tub is cheaper but also less convenient.

Time for somebody to get a bicycle and some spandex :)

I’m not a fan of chicken, but I eat a lot when I get hungry. Usually I grill some breasts on Sunday then I have plenty for salad all week for lunch. I buy the jugs of protein powder, I make a shake and throw it in my lunch for when I get hungry mid afternoon. It seems to be better than a bat of chips and a king sized snickers. 🤣

They do sell the shakes in gas stations but that way is expensive, they sell them in 12 pack style cases in most box stores too. The tub is cheaper but also less convenient.
The flavored tuna packets are a good go-to snack. My favorite is the jalapeno, but less than 100 calories and 18 g of protein. Doesn't fill you up, but it satiates the "I'm hungry."

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back