Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hunt Africa for 10 days, $800

Bohunter

10 complete days of hunting (travel days don't count) with a rifle or bow or both in northwest South Africa arrive 8/13/03 leave 8/25/03. (price is all inclusive excluding airfare, includes transportation to & from the airport, room, meals, and guide service) Regular price is $250 per day or $2500 for the 10 days

An additional $1000 trophy fee deposit (that goes to the outfitter) which will be applied towards you trophy fees is required. Please email me if you are interested. Go to the website to get any additional information: Trophy fees, ect.

http://www.inafricasafaris.com/

Your daily fees are dirt cheap but the trophy fees are out of sight!

Five animal 10 day safari's at Landelani in Ellisrass are 4500 bucks for everything but airfare. The same hunt with you is 5640.00.

Your daily fee 800 bucks, the trophy fees as listed on your page as follows:
Kudu 1550
impala 450
Gemsbok 1450
zebra 1090
warthog 300
Total 5640.00

All Accomadations in South Africa are regulated by the nature conservation so consider them as equal.

How much property is available to hunt and how much is in one section? Vaalwater is a beautiful game rich area with many indiginous species. It's also in the center of the Safari industry strong hold of hunting businesses. The Black Mamba is one of the busy tourist hotspots in town too.

Good luck with your operation and your hunting season!

Thanks for the info... I bid on this hunt at a Safari Club auction. I can take up to 4 hunters.

I plan on Bow hunting and they are setup for bowhunters. (20 blinds next to waterholes) If I take the animals you listed I will be really excited but as you know bowhunting is way harder than rifle hunting. They also have a taxadermist on the grounds so you don't have to have your trophy's dip. I think if you look overall they are lower on some animals also. My budget is $5000 and I hope I spend it.

It's not cheaper to have your taxidermy done in Africa as most people believe. The shipping is based on Cubic mass not weight. The hides and horns coming back will have almost no value but the taxidermy will be a very high value. Your broker fee is usually based on the value of the shipment. He will take it off of the insured value the taxidermist claimed on the shipping form. It's a wash either way, but you lose control of the quality of work. Having taxidermy done in the USA with the significant level of competition here between taxidermists is the highest quality in the whole world and no other country even comes close, except for Canada! I have been doing this for 12 seasons now and am part owner of the Safari business, and a Professional Hunter. I also owned and operated a Taxidermy Business for many years.

Look very carefully into the shipping costs. It will likely be many times more expensive to ship mounted heads then raw hides. Add to that the higher broker fee's and you have saved almost nothing and lost control of the quality. Unfortunately you must pay for everything up front when its done in Africa and when the work gets home your stuck with what they sent you. If you don't like it what are you going to do send it back? You then must hire a Taxidermist here to fix it. How happy will he be to fix work he should have had to begin with?

I have never trusted my work to be done there, and have encouraged all my hunters to have their Taxidermy done here. European mounts are fine in south Africa, they cannot screw up the skull of horned game. However they do tend to boil the crap out of predators and losse or crack the teeth.

One other thing to remember. You will be taxed on the full value of the hunt by the IRS. Make sure you claim it as income. The SCI hunts are not tax free donations or otherwise exempt.

I had this discussion just recently with a fellow who won a Big five safari auction through SCI, he had to pay the IRS almost 5000.00 bucks in Tax for the amount of his "value income" from his trip!

Another fellow jumped in and said his Auction Safari actually cost him more because of the tax then what he could have bought it for if he bargained the hunt price with the outfitter!

Bohunter,

I'm confused.
confused.gif
Are you an Outfitter/Booking Agent trying to sell hunts? Or are you a hunter who bought a trip to South AFrica? And if you bought a trip to SAfrica, did you buy for 1 person, or for 4 people? Are you trying to sell something you own, or just pasing along an opportunity?
Thks.
elkgrin.gif

I am not an outfitter, I bought this hunt for 4 people at SCI meeting an am just trying to cover my costs. Hope this helps.

Doug

Here is the final picture, I just got my stuff from Africa... I was stalking this herd of 15 Impala (there were a couple of big ones) when my PH noticed that they were heading toward a water dam. So we moved on the other side of the dam and set-up behind a large bush. About 4 or 5 smaller ones came over the dam. Than the Big One pop up and stopped about 27 yards away. As you know, Impala are one of the most skittish animals around. I drew and shot. As I released this guy moved forward and the arrow hit 8 inches farther back than I wanted. It took us 2 days of tracking but we finally found it. It scored 56 7/8, Gold SCI.
impala1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back