Hull cabin, Kaibab NF Arizona

Simeod

Not knowing what to get my wife for Christmas last year, I let her pick a weekend trip for this summer. In our exploration during hunting season we had come across Hull cabin and once we learned more about it she really wanted to stay there, so that's what she picked.

Screenshot_20230708_214014_Maps.jpg
Hull cabin was built in 1889 as a homestead for a sheep rancher. 1910 it was sold to the Forest service and used as a ranger station. It stayed in use until 1983 when it was turned in to a rentable cabin.

It is in a beautiful spot. Has a kitchen a bunk room with 2 double bunks and another room with a queen sized futon couch. The bathroom is a separate building with a vault toilet and two shower stalls. You have to bring your own solar showers or other system. There is water, but it is hauled in by the forest service.

Because it's me, at some point it has to turn into an adventure. This time it was a lightning caused forest fire.

Last edited:
Pretty nuts you were able to stay through the fire! Cool experience and glad you guys were okay.

My wife is awesome (earning some points here). She loves hunting and camping. Most importantly she puts up with me. If I can figure out how to post videos I will add them. Sitting in the dark watching the standing dead tree go up was amazing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back