Huge Tom Cougar

url]

Hope I did this right, first time trying to post pictures. Anyway, this is a picture of a tom one of my hunters killed last year. For reference, the man in the picture is 6'-4" and weighs 250 pounds. The cat just missed the B&C book with a skull measurement of 14 7/8". To make book the skull must be a minimum of 15". This was the easiest cat I have ever treed. After hunting the previous three days with no luck, I decided to try a different area. There was about 4" of snow on the ground. We (myself, hunter, dogs) drove up a mountain road to a dead end. There we stopped for a short break and to let the dogs out to stretch. We loaded up and drove back down the road about half a mile. To my amazement, this huge tom had crossed the road over our tracks! We turned out the hounds and after about 15 minutes they were treed. Never before or since have I had the fortune of this happening. Anyway the hunter was happy as he had his cat after four days of hard hunting.

BTW, I went out yesterday and had a hunter take what I think will be a B/C tom. Pictures and story to follow.

[This message has been edited by Bear Creek Adventures (edited 12-28-2000).]

Thanks Jason and Boomer. I am also glad to see so much interest in bear and lion hunting. Hunting with hounds is one of the least understood forms of hunting there is. I wish I had a dime for every time I have heard, Hunting with hounds is not sporting." This usually comes from folks who have never tried it. This is "Extreme" hunting at it's best!!

Every so often its nice to have an easy one!!!! Great picture. Keep em coming! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

B'cat,

That's for sure! I have been on too many "death marches" to not appreciate an easy catch once in a while. Just curious, on one of your posts you said you did not run cats that were going into "completely inacessable" country. Does that mean that you do not turn out on cats that are headed into rough country?

Eric

------------------
http://members.aol.com/bearckadv

[email protected]

cat08.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back