Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Huge 218 typical pics I promised.....

thanks for the update on some of the measuements--this goes to show that it's not to hard to make mistakes when trying to score from pics---chris

Well here is his score. I got ahold of Shane. He is 234 Non typical. 216 Typical gross and with B&C scoring he netted 198 B&C. If he didnt have the kickers would of done good.
Idaho Ron , Rons son is doing the taxidermy work. Shane G.

MAN, isn't Boone NT 235? Ouch! That buck is huge, but the 198 net sounds alot better than 218 net!

Thanks for the info Jerry! There is an email on its way to ya.

Ernie

Wow I guess I never stated the net on here. It was another site. This is another one of them not giving the antlers its true score. I dont agree with how the deductions are made. That is a big deductions for a animal of this caliber.

Supersider34

Not to point out the obvious or anything, to score 198 net, he would have to have a perfect frame, with no deductions. I have never seen a buck with out some sort of deductions in the main frame? The reason I bring this up is because, I was wonder if it is going to make the book both ways. From the sounds of things it could have up to four inches in deductions and still net out, going in the book either way. Just curious!

I ofter wonder why an animal that has the genetics and food and is able to have a better rack than others gets marked down because of "kickers" or extra tines, In N.Z every tine that has an opposite on the other antler is scored by doubling the size of the smaller tine, so a single spike is scored nothing and an 8 by 6 is scored as a 12 point. it take symmetry into account as well as sheer size..

Hey that is a hog to bad it has all that trash to deduct off the typical score . It is a weird looking buck also . I wouldd shoot it though in a instant . Thanks for sharing.

later , hunter cameron

kiwi hunter--the Boone and Crockett scoring system is very exacting in its typical format and little more unforgiving in the non-typical format, but still not a cake walk--

most others, SCI for example, pretty much score what the animal grew with few or no deductions--

the B&C typical system wants the antlers to be perfectly symetrical from one side to the other and any diff is a deduction--that's why it's so hard to make the book--chris

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back