Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

HS Precision stock for Weatherby Vanguard 7mm Rem Mag

WVmike

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the hs precision stocks for either Howa or Weatherby Vanguard? I currently have a Vanguard chambered in 7mm Rem Mag with the badlands stock on it. Not much of a fan and I have noticed that its got a tiny bit of wiggle in it if you bump the forend enough. There's not really much on the market for either Howa or the Vanguard except HS, Hogue and Arc Angel which is more of a bench stock and it's only pillar bedded. Any info is appreciated.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the hs precision stocks for either Howa or Weatherby Vanguard? I currently have a Vanguard chambered in 7mm Rem Mag with the badlands stock on it. Not much of a fan and I have noticed that its got a tiny bit of wiggle in it if you bump the forend enough. There's not really much on the market for either Howa or the Vanguard except HS, Hogue and Arc Angel which is more of a bench stock and it's only pillar bedded. Any info is appreciated.
I put an HS on my vanguard last year and I highly recommend! The feel is great and you know it’s well made.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put an HS on my Howa 25-06 this spring, huge upgrade from the hogue that it came with.

I placed my 270 win vanguard in a beautiful walnut stock i bought off ebay for not too much money. Bedded it and it shoots good. No more crappy plastic stock that cant be bedded properly for me. I have a vanguard select 257 that is in a B&C and its a nice stock. Get what you pay for I guess. My favorite add on stock is Hogue overmolded with a full aluminum bedding block. They really suck up the recoil. just my opinion.

No experience with HS, but I just put a Vanguard in a Bell & Carlson and am happy with it. Jon Beanland skim bedded the stock when he rebarelled the gun and it shoots lights out and is stable on a Harris bipod.

I've had a bunch of HSP stocks, but only on Remington 700s. They are great stocks, their only real drawback is weight. They have tons of rigidity with the aluminum bedding block, but that adds a little more mass as compared to your average fiberglass stock. If you don't mind carrying a little more weight, the HSP is a great stock.

I have one on my Howa, it's excellent

I have 3 Vanguards. The one chambered in .300 Wby came in a wood stock and I immediately put it in a Fancy walnut stock.

The other 2 came in Weatherby's Griptonite stocks that I pillar and glass bedded the actions.

All are now capable of 3 shot moa groups.

The HS precision stock is great.
Aluminum reinforced and I really like the two side screws that allow you to perfectly center the barrel in the stock.

Just got the HS precision stock yesterday and installed it. 100% better than the original stock. One of the nicest stocks I've had a chance to use.

Back