Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Howdy from SE Texas

Slick8

Hey been lurking and reading a lot for a little while now. I joined after becoming addicted to Newberg, watching him at home and at the gym.

I love to hunt and do a little costal fishing.

Most of my hunting is in Texas on leases and the occasional drawn public hunt.

I've been dreaming of hunting western elk and made that dream a reality last year in NM. I killed a great looking 6x5.

I also love to shoot and reload which has become my off-season fun.

Craig

Here's a little from my elk hunt last year.

Headed back to the same area this year for mule deer. Not a great deer unit but hey I'm hunting.

For the breaking bad fans, here's what I found at the local public shooting area.

20211030_180325.jpgimagejpeg_0(1).jpg20211028_125921.jpg

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0(1).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(1).jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 3
Welcome from Wyoming! My boys have drawn youth permits in the Texas Draw Hunts twice -- I was in Colorado Bend SP last winter with my middle boy where he got his first whitetail. Glad to see you've been bit by the elk hunting bug!

I've drawn a few hunts through the years, nothing scptacular regarding trophies but I've seen some great deer while on management hunts.

They've made for some great memories with my dad. Most notable would be the hunt on Matagorda island which is only accessible by boat. I killed a 10 point off the top of a sand dune at 453 yards on that trip.

Welcome aboard! Great introductory post and a great first Elk!

NM is a hard tag to draw and an even more expensive tag to purchase if you didn't draw.

Any luck in getting a tag this fall?

I drew a nm mule deer tag in a unit not known for great deer. Not complaining as it's still a chance to hunt and an opportunity. Worst case I'm gathering elk info for the future.

Yeah that happened day one checking my zero from the prone position. Got sloppy and didn't have the butt into my shoulder. Clocked me good...😀

Hey been lurking and reading a lot for a little while now. I joined after becoming addicted to Newberg, watching him at home and at the gym.

I love to hunt and do a little costal fishing.

Most of my hunting is in Texas on leases and the occasional drawn public hunt.

I've been dreaming of hunting western elk and made that dream a reality last year in NM. I killed a great looking 6x5.

I also love to shoot and reload which has become my off-season fun.

Craig
Welcome to HT!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back