Howdy all

nmtaxi

I just joined today, although I've lurked around these forums for a while. Seems like you guys have a lot of fun here. I'm from Albuq., NM. I'm a part-time taxidermist, and love to hunt big game (although some will say the game I kill is never that "big"). I have an engineering gig in between that gets in the way of all the fun stuff. Just thought I'd introduce myself.

Dan

Welcome to Moosie's Dan,

There is a bunch of good folks here and lots to chat about so pull up a stump and join in the games
elkgrin.gif

sly

Welcome aboard, (AGAIN)

What type of Engineering stuff do you do ? I'm a Civil Designer mostly Roadway and Structual (Bridges).

Moosie,

Looks like we do the same thing for a living. I do mostly roadway and drainage. I manage to avoid working with the bridge nerds most of the time.

I do the Cadd work forthe Bridge Nerds, but the Roadway Design... You runnng Microstation or Autocadd ?

HAHA.. ITD (Idaho State Transportation) runs Microstation so thats My Expertise. I do all the Alignment/geometrics and Roadway Stuff.. .AASHTO is my friend .. :rolleyes:

Microstationing Refferencing blows Acad out the Water.

Dan..Welcome to the forum...I've belonged for awhile but just started posting... Moosie got talking about hunting Alaska and that got me started....I've hunted there 5 times and love it..Wish I could afford to go every year...

I also love New Mexico..I've hunted there three times and flew into Albequerque each time...

Welcome aboard Dan.

Hey Moosie, looks like you and Dan have more in common than just careers...

love to hunt big game (although some will say the game I kill is never that "big")

Thanks guys.

Moosie, we're running version "J" of Microstation, and the accuracy and graphics are horrible. I here the newer versions are much better, but until NMDOT goes to it, we have to stay on the old version. In-roads is a good program, though. I like it just as much as Land Desktop.

Pygmy, I'll be going on what I hope is the first of many Alaska trips. What did you hunt in NM?

Well it doesn't sound Like He's Qweer so He won't have anything in common wih you Ovis :D

Dan, Don't mind the Penut Gallery, they are jsut jealous that I shot a Trophy cow Caribou last year in AK and all they ever shoot is B&C crap ;)

Elk, elk and elk.....

Actually the first two were bowhunts, one near Ocate and the other in the Gila..I killed a cow in the Gila...Only elk I ever killed..

The last hunt was near Chama...I did not have a tag myself, but was assisiting the guide... I was camp cook, butchered animals, etc. etc...

Hehehe..I don't think ANYONE can do just one Alaska hunt... I went in '89 figuring it would be my ONE trip of a lifetime...HAH..!!..

On the way home on the plane I was already planning my NEXT hunt.... :D ....

We're running Micro V8.1, ITD is still on J but we don't send them our Files, They just mess them up anyways (PS< Canoe that posts here works for the State, Don't tell him I said that :D )

I haven't done much in Land Desktop.

I'm With Pygmy, I did a Hunt of a Lifetime LAst year and am Going back next year :D :D

THANX, I'm taking notes ;)

I actually think a Comeback I heard a buddy tell me was the Best. He was a Biker dude and His buddy wass too. They went to the Green "T" in Pocatello (Cowboy Redneck Central). the Friend Biker dude was Big and HAd a Poney Tail. they actually put on some Jeans and a Cowboy hat and Went in.. Some Rednecks realised they didn't fit in and went over to mess with them. One Redneck Tugged the Dudes hait and Said.. "Jsut what the FUGG do you think YOU are ?!?!"

He calmly stood back and in a Loud voice said "WELL, I'm wearing BOOTS.... I'm wearing Wranglers... And I have on a Cowboy hat.... LOOKS like I'm an A$$hole !!!!!" Wellthe fight broke out and All was good ;)

Anyways, HAs nothing to do with Welcoming a Inferior Acad User but somethnig to read non the same
elkgrin.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back