Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

How to hunt Alaska

I really want to hunt in Alaska. I have absolutely know idea how to hunt there. I live in Canada so I would have to cross the border and get into Alaska. I would need a guide with me to hunt Moose so probably just pay to go out with an Alaskan outfitter. Any recommendations on an outfitter? Price of trip?

Being an alien, you must hunt with a guide. Moose hunts run about $20k and up from there. The biggest moose come from Western Alaska, but can be found about anywhere. The Western Alaska Range would be a good place to look/book. Sorry no recommendations, plenty of reputable guides out there.

I can only echo what Bambistew has said, but you dont really need to come to Alaska for a good Moose hunt, if your from Canada. ? That is a lot of money to hunt an animal that you can hunt in your back yard, but perhaps there are other reasons

I can only echo what Bambistew has said, but you dont really need to come to Alaska for a good Moose hunt, if your from Canada. ? That is a lot of money to hunt an animal that you can hunt in your back yard, but perhaps there are other reasons
Yes I can hunt moose hear in Canada. Alaska would be very cool just to experience. But it is a tone of money and maybe I will just plan a trip to Montana so I don’t need a guide and $15000. For elk instead of moose

Alaska is a great place, plenty of information out there about DIY hunting in Alaska .

Alaska is a great place, plenty of information out there about DIY hunting in Alaska .
I can’t do it by myself if I am not a resident. I need a guide. Most guide work for outfitters which charge a lot of money. It’s more complicated than it should be

I just wanted to make sure you knew that you can hunt Elk in Canada.

But an Elk hunt in Montana and/or Moose in Alaska would be fun

I just wanted to make sure you knew that you can hunt Elk in Canada.

But an Elk hunt in Montana and/or Moose in Alaska would be fun
In Manitoba where I live there is low numbers of elk and a tag is hard to draw. In Montana the elk are everywhere and tags are easier to get even for a non-resident

I can’t do it by myself if I am not a resident. I need a guide. Most guide work for outfitters which charge a lot of money. It’s more complicated than it should be
You can hunt moose on your own in alaska. Been there done that.
There are tons of information on line for DIY moose hunts.

You can hunt moose on your own in alaska. Been there done that.
There are tons of information on line for DIY moose hunts.

He is from Canada, he can not hunt without a guide. You can because you are a U.S. Citizen ( actually I am assuming you are a U.S. citizen from N.Y.)

Missed that your not a citizen.
Why not hunt NF for moose, even with an outfitter it's cheaper then a DIY alaska based hunt and easier logistics.

Missed that your not a citizen.
Why not hunt NF for moose, even with an outfitter it's cheaper then a DIY alaska based hunt and easier logistics.
It also has, some big moose, have hunted NF
For moose several times qualit hunting for many species great people

Edward Waldner

Good Elk hunting in Alberto. The river hunts ( smokey and peace ) are good hunts.

We have those transplanted Elk herds in The Yukon, that can be hunted, but much harder ( tags, hunt, even first nation permission in some cases ), but if you succeed the farmers will love you as they hate the transplanted Elk.

If you decide to stay in Canada, try Alberto

Edward Waldner

Good Elk hunting in Alberto. The river hunts ( smokey and peace ) are good hunts.

We have those transplanted Elk herds in The Yukon, that can be hunted, but much harder ( tags, hunt, even first nation permission in some cases ), but if you succeed the farmers will love you as they hate the transplanted Elk.

If you decide to stay in Canada, try Alberto
Are the tags over the counter or draw system?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back