Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

How to clean out a broken freezer full of goo?

Carl 9.3x62

I just had the unfortunate experience of opening my chest freezer to see a puddle of fresh blood at the bottom and a bunch of wasted packages of game meat. Waa waaaa. 😡😭
Does anyone have any suggestions on a good way to clean it up? Not sure if the freezers still work, haven't tried them. And I don't think its been too long, definitely stinks but not a rotting stink.

Turn it back on and see if it works. Then if it does, let the stuff get really cold, then start pulling it out and throwing it away. If not put a clothes pin over your nose and get to work. Good luck

Turn it back on and see if it works. Then if it does, let the stuff get really cold, then start pulling it out and throwing it away. If not put a clothes pin over your nose and get to work. Good luck
Good idea thanks!

I've used a vinegar and water solution in a fridge I salvaged. I'd try that and some elbow grease!

So I just checked it again, and the freezer was back on and already freezing things. Weird. When I first noticed it I opened the lid and then immediately shut it and I'm pretty sure it wasn't working. Who knows. But the freezer is working and I am hoping it should be easier with everything frozen.

I would have a hard time trusting that freezer again unless there was a two day power outage or something like that.
^this. you better have a repair guy check it out. I foolishly had one die on my and it turned back on. It turned out to be a faulty compressor pump switch. It ran great for like 5 months then die when I was visiting family with a freezer full of game.

I just had the unfortunate experience of opening my chest freezer to see a puddle of fresh blood at the bottom and a bunch of wasted packages of game meat. Waa waaaa. 😡😭
Does anyone have any suggestions on a good way to clean it up? Not sure if the freezers still work, haven't tried them. And I don't think its been too long, definitely stinks but not a rotting stink.
I literally have nightmares about this happening. Sorry about this happening to ya. Standup or chest freezer?

If you still trust the freezer and want to salvage it, my protocol for cleaning some terribly kept ice chests:

1. Bleach bomb with pure bleach
2. Make a paste with baking soda and water and scrub with that.
3. Add vinegar to the bleach paste and have fun with the 4th grade science project while scrubbing.
4. Air out in the sun

Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the smell is gone. One time I left a spike's head in the ice chest then got called out for work. Two weeks later came back home to the most rancid site and smell. Still have this ice chest today.

JTHOMP is right on the money with baking soda and water.Get inside covered in baking soda paste.
Then scrub the H3LL out of it.Chest freezers are selling for like $100 bucks right now! 😎 (COSTCO)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back