How Old Was that Animal?

Was she tagged in MT or ND? My guess with that growth she’s 35-45. Would have been interesting to see how many schenes of roe she had in her earlier this spring.
I thought it was a male. He said he figured at least 40 years old but would let me know when they get the lower jaw back. Was a North Dakota fish that I shot in Montana. Fwp fave hats out this year to us for turning in the jaw on the tag I had

I wish I could. My son's buddy killed that bull but he is living out of state now. He didn't save a lower tooth at the time.
If he wants to know we can age one of the upper premolars or molars from that skull mount too (or the ivories if he still has them).

I thought it was a male. He said he figured at least 40 years old but would let me know when they get the lower jaw back. Was a North Dakota fish that I shot in Montana. Fwp fave hats out this year to us for turning in the jaw on the tag I had
How much did it weigh? It was cool learning from the researcher at intake about the lifespan of them up in our part of the world regarding the Yellowstone and Missouri River systems. If I remember right he said 40 years is pretty old in our systems compared to down south.

It was around mid 40# and was like 32” from the eye to the center of the fin

It was around mid 40# and was like 32” from the eye to the center of the fin
That’d be a very large male imo. Most won’t be much more than 35. That’s a conclusion I’ve come to after processing a large number of them.

That’d be a very large male imo. Most won’t be much more than 35. That’s a conclusion I’ve come to after processing a large number of them.
It usually happens pretty fast with the bow when I does so we don’t really try and field judge them. I was supper happy to get one this year

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back