• $10,000-$20,000

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • $20,000-$30,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $30,000+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bambistew

Since the Sting is still in the air, and possibly still lying in wait for some. How much did you fork over this year in taxes after all the dust settled?

Finally got "smart", bought some property (deer hunting/timber ranch) and started getting some write-offs for a change. Not sure, but my accountant thinks around $5 grand. (Maybe enough for a custom-built rifle) Almost makes it worthwhile.
I claim 0 deductions, so the state and the feds get to play around with $6 grand of my money for a while. Hope to get all but a grand or so back. Don't mind giving up that little.

Is too freakin much a number?

My accountant doesn't think that spending $1 to save .35 cents is a good move. Still sucks writing a check in April.

I guess that depends. I certainly payed taxes, but I did get a refund. Are you counting local taxes (property, sales, income) as well?? Or just Federal withholding?

I used to enjoy "doing my part" taxwise until I saw the light. Also, 1/2 the CPAs out there are weenies and are afraid to get aggressive in getting their clients deductions -like my old one. He was afraid to do anything which would benifit me. Went to school with my new tax guy and he really knows how to demand what I should be getting as far as my tax returns are concerned.

Well buddy, I pay property taxes, and federal income tax, but that is pretty equal across the board. And with the cost of gas, I hope to be getting a decent PFD in September. :)

Almost 2:1 that paid over 10k then under 10k ? Fetching Unreal !! You guys make way tooo much money !!!

I was getting 9k back.... but uhhhh.... the Gob'mint thinks I should give them more for '04, So I got nothing back |oo|oo Soemthing about oeing then another 8k still.....:eek: Geshhhh..... Ahhhh such is life :D :D

What catches the Guy with his own business is you pay your Estimates based on the Previous year, well I hope I am always going to be doing better each year. So, I always seem to have to pay a ton each year and re-align my Estimates up from the previous year....and we're off to the races again this year. John

No kids, a modest house, and two good paying job, maxed out 410ks, etc... not much I can do about makeing too much money. :)

I just love paying all that money to my local city school stystem, just so they can keep the graduation rate up around 40%. Seems like money well spent to me.

I just love paying all that money to my local city school stystem, just so they can keep the graduation rate up around 40%. Seems like money well spent to me.
BS, the money is well spent on teacher supply.... Kevlar vest, ice packs and first-aid kits.

Obama's thoughts on the capital gains tax from last nights debate............

On taxes, Mr. Obama said he would consider raising the capital gains rate to as much as 28%, while Mrs. Clinton said she would not increase it beyond 20%. It is currently no higher than 15%.

Mr. Obama said raising the tax was a way to target the windfalls of some on Wall Street. "I would look at raising the capital gains tax for purposes of fairness," he said. "The top 50 hedge fund managers made $29 billion last year."

The senator from Illinois rebuffed a moderator's suggestion that cutting capital gains rates actually increases revenue. "That might happen or it might not. It depends on what's happening on Wall Street and how business is going," Mr. Obama said.

Anyone catch Hillary's words last night?

According to her (and I agree) the middle class is everyone makeing less than $250,000 a year, and she wouldn't raise taxes on them. :) She got my vote

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back