MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

How Much Ammo Should I Buy?

Bill Christy

Being a controversial topic, I can only wade in with my own personal practice; Each year, I budget for how much ammunition I'm going to need for the year. Between practice and hunting, I can pretty much tell how much I need based upon my pattern of use. After taking inventory of what I have on hand, I make my ammo purchase. I realize that resent world events has resulted in some panic buying of ammo leaving resources empty, but personal experience has taught me warehousing too much ammo, for too long a period of time, can backfire. If not ideally stored, ammunition has a limited shelf life. A person can one day discover their older stored ammo has gone bad. This is why shooters always use their older ammo for practice and the newer ammo for hunting. Savvy shooters normally do not buy old ammo from someone's personal storage.

In the wild, where game abounds, A hunter's quest for quarry sounds, To fill the freezer, or to hunt for sport, Their weapons primed, their aim on point.

The ammo count, a crucial choice, A balance between excess and voice, For missing prey, a hunter's worst fear, But waste not, for that is dear.

Buy too much, and you may overspend, A burden on the wallet, a friend, But buy too little, and you'll rue the day, When game escapes, and you have naught to say.

So find your balance, and tread with care, For nature's bounty, is a gift to share, With naught to waste, and all to gain, A hunter's quest, a thrill, a flame.

This ai thing is neat. How long until it uses our brains to produce electricity?

Being a controversial topic, I can only wade in with my own personal practice; Each year, I budget for how much ammunition I'm going to need for the year. Between practice and hunting, I can pretty much tell how much I need based upon my pattern of use. After taking inventory of what I have on hand, I make my ammo purchase. I realize that resent world events has resulted in some panic buying of ammo leaving resources empty, but personal experience has taught me warehousing too much ammo, for too long a period of time, can backfire. If not ideally stored, ammunition has a limited shelf life. A person can one day discover their older stored ammo has gone bad. This is why shooters always use their older ammo for practice and the newer ammo for hunting. Savvy shooters normally do not buy old ammo from someone's personal storage.
Are you sure your name isn't really Tom Terrific?

Does it hurt when they surgically attach your thumb to the stock? That will make wiping tough. I mean, who doesn't want a gun-hand though?! I just feel like finding an open-minded surgeon to perform that operation would be tough...
Three fingered Larry?

More Tom Terriffic than AI unless AIs intentionally misspell.

Maybe Zim Dumbo, but he would never use a 30 round mag to hunt.

AI does misspell. You may have noticed your phone autocorrect has got worse the past year or so. There was an article recently that outline issues with AI getting less I over time as it learns from stupid humans.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back