How many points needed to draw AZ Javelina?

MaxPower

I'm a non-resident, but have a brother who lives in Mesa and I'd love to use visiting him as an excuse to hunt Javelina.
How many points would I need to draw a tag down there?

And I should clarify. I'm not an archery hunter (though I probably should be).

Any easy to draw rifle units near Mesa?

And I should clarify. I'm not an archery hunter (though I probably should be).

Any easy to draw rifle units near Mesa?
Consider AZ a draw state for fall javelina if want to use a rifle or muzzleloader or pistol.

Draw deadline is in 16 hours. Spoils go to the prepared.

Consider AZ a draw state for fall javelina if want to use a rifle or muzzleloader or pistol.

Draw deadline is in 16 hours. Spoils go to the prepared.

Isn't this deadline just for youth javalina and the spring draw is the main javalina draw with the hunts being in late february?

Isn't this deadline just for youth javalina and the spring draw is the main javalina draw with the hunts being in late february?
Could be. I have reminders set for all my applications including AZ. I get 2 points a year in AZ for some species and javelina is one of those. I will be a resident in AZ soon and will look at applying for bison, javelina, turkey, pronghorn, etc. Up to now, only chasing a tag annually for sheep, deer and elk. Building points for the rest of the critters.

This is the youth season draw.

Yes, many units around Mesa to hunt. Most are 100% draw with 1 point, and > 50% with 0. You can also do the HAM handgun, archery & muzzleloader for better odds, less pressure, and better dates.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back