How is the recoil pad on the factory Tikka T3x lite stainless?

The recoil pad is fairly run of the mill. My dislike of their stocks is they seem oddly small for me (But I LOVE their action, barrel and trigger for the price). If you are going to put it in a better stock (like a B&C) no worries. If you are going to use with factory stock I would definitely shoulder one before I bought.

I agree with what VikingsGuy said above. However if you are worried about the shoulder pad for recoil I would suggest adding a muzzle brake. A muzzle brake will make a larger impact on felt recoil than the shoulder pad.

To me:
Limbsaver: A
Pachmyr Decelerator: A- but I like the surface finish better
Tikka T3x: B
Tikka T3: C-

I wouldn't give it a second thought on the T3x pad unless it's a real big boomer.

Last edited:
In my experience, stock fit, overall gun weight and cartridge choice will all have more effect than the difference between recoil pad brands.

I shoot mine in .300 win mag and find the recoil acceptable. However I know that my wife doesn’t like it much. I may get a limb saver if anything for recoil but also into increase the LoP to fit me better. On a smaller cartridge I wouldn’t think it should be a problem

The recoil pad on my T3 is on the end of the barrel and it has a bunch of holes in it. Earplugs needed but not included

The actual recoil pad seems to be okay. It’s nothing incredible but it’s not bad. I’d call it average.

I replaced mine with a limb saver and have been very pleased

I shot a few of them in 300wm and 300wsm and recoil was very normal so i would say the factory pad was pretty good.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back