Caribou Gear Tarp

How important is it?

Easy there big shooter. Only curls I'm doing are at a barstool. Not sure why every thought you have involves cam... As I've stated in the past, he's not my cup of tea, but I won't judge you for liking him.

I am going to the range tomorrow. I'll bring my 1cm now that you mention it. Good call.

@Greenhorn I'm just glad to know you're thinking of me, even when I haven't thought about you all day!
Cam blocked me in his DM's when I asked him if he was a front wiper. If you hear from him, tell him I'm sorry and I didn't mean to trigger him so bad. I'm expecting to see some results next fall from all that range time you're putting in!

Cam blocked me in his DM's when I asked him if he was a front wiper. If you hear from him, tell him I'm sorry and I didn't mean to trigger him so bad. I'm expecting to see some results next fall from all that range time you're putting in!
Okay, that's funny...

I can't imagine I'd ever hear from him.

The range time is to get my gf behind some pistols to familiarize herself with them. Probably not the 1cm, but I might bring it with to run a few rounds through it!

Yep. And twist. Another interesting variable. Do bullets spun faster work better? Monos probably, but what about the rest of bullet types? mtmuley
Most factory rifles have too slow of a twist. I’m yet to blow a bullet up.

Yep. And twist. Another interesting variable. Do bullets spun faster work better? Monos probably, but what about the rest of bullet types? mtmuley
You mean like a 1 in 3 twist like this? Centripidal forces that are normal to the center (the forces that keep water in a bucket spinning) increase exponentially with linear changes in speed.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s in my head but I’ve had better luck keeping varmint bullets inside coyotes and saving hides with an 8” twist 22-250 than I ever did with a 14” twist. Wonder if the higher rpm is causing the bullets to come uncorked easier inside the coyote instead of holding together. Most varmint bullets are rated for under 300k rpm and I’m over that a fair share

Maybe it’s in my head but I’ve had better luck keeping varmint bullets inside coyotes and saving hides with an 8” twist 22-250 than I ever did with a 14” twist. Wonder if the higher rpm is causing the bullets to come uncorked easier inside the coyote instead of holding together.
I’ve thought about that if people are worried about having bullets come apart in flight, what are those bullets going to do when they hit something.

Maybe it’s in my head but I’ve had better luck keeping varmint bullets inside coyotes and saving hides with an 8” twist 22-250 than I ever did with a 14” twist. Wonder if the higher rpm is causing the bullets to come uncorked easier inside the coyote instead of holding together. Most varmint bullets are rated for under 300k rpm and I’m over that a fair share
Wonder if you can over twist? Wish I had the unlimited funds to dive into it. Know a guy that has a little bit. mtmuley

Wonder if you can over twist? Wish U had the unlimited funds to dive into it. Know a guy that has a little bit. mtmuley
O ya for sure you can over twist a bullet. I think a 7 twist 22 creedmoor shooting a lightweight berger or hornady would have a hell of a time making it to the target.

Bullets are built for a 12 or 14 twist. It would be asking them to do something they aren’t supposed to.

I shot 40 grain nosler ballistic tips out of a 220 swift ackley 12” twist at 4400fps. About the 500round mark things went south and started blowing bullets up. Had a lot of fun up until that point though

• Haha
Reactions: DFS
I shot 40 grain nosler ballistic tips out of a 220 swift ackley 12” twist at 4400fps. About the 500round mark things went south and started blowing bullets up. Had a lot of fun up until that point though
I have a 7 twist 22 creed that I’ve never shot anything below a 75 grain bullet in because I believe people when they say they have done it.

Wonder if you can over twist? Wish I had the unlimited funds to dive into it. Know a guy that has a little bit. mtmuley
Yeah - you can. ive heard of bullets ripping apart - around 300k rpm. Though they arent monos.

While I like what I’ve seen from ELD’s terminally, I’ve personally seen them come apart in other people’s rifles, never my own. Not crazy setups either, 6 Creeds and 6.5 PRC’s. Uncommon, but it has happened.

Reactions: DFS
So when they come apart how do you know that? Does anything hit the target or just pieces? I assume if they come apart the trajectory would be affected

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back