How important is it?

I’m starting to rethink my position on this. It used to be my number one priority. And I don’t shoot at long range on anything but coyotes.

Very, make bullet choices based on it and saves me a ton of time and barrel life getting a starting point for drops. If your hunting east coast deer with 30-30, zero help.

Less drop, less drift, and more terminal energy from same amount of powder. That means something in some situations and not in others. I pay attention to it, but isn’t only driver for me - frankly going mono-metal is more important for me and that typically means giving up some BC. Does cause me to favor 7mm projectiles. YMMV.

Depends on what you are hunting and distance. Doesn’t hurt to stack the deck in your favor. Same weight bullet but different design is the difference in me dumping a coyote at 400 yards or watching it pack it off with its guts hanging out in our normal eastern Montana wind.

The bore drivers I often tote have a BC the equivalent of a square. It shows in my muzzleloader as I posted in another thread. After two hundred a brick flys with less drop.

When I was shooting pointy 45cal sabots with the same powder charge I was a full 12” less drop.

Not having to tape an extension on my target to see where a bullet hits is nice.

Ah hell. Tracers and shoot from the hip. Any BC can be walked in.

Actually, I used to pay attention but I’ve found such variance in projectile preference rifle to rifle that it’s kinda at the bottom of the list.
🤷🏻‍♂️

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back