Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

How bad is a 3/4 ton truck off road?

Why do most Chevy guys always have 2 pick-ups? :D

In my case I chose to keep the old one. It was worth more to me than what I could sell it for. It has 280k miles and still runs well.

So, I have two trucks that run. There is that.

I just ordered an F250 with the 7.3 and 4:30 gears.

I’m starting to think I will take my Rubicon hunting this year. So I don’t have to worry about getting stuck or scratched lol

I'm a Ford and Ram guy. I have a 1/2 chub for the new F250/350 with the 7.3. Please give us a review when get some time in it.

In my case I chose to keep the old one. It was worth more to me than what I could sell it for. It has 280k miles and still runs well.

So, I have two trucks that run. There is that.

I'm just dishin BS. But, you're probably getting close to the end for that one. My buddy is a die hard GM guy. He pushes them to dust. It's usually 290'ish K.

I'm just dishin BS. But, you're probably getting close to the end for that one. My buddy is a die hard GM guy. He pushes them to dust. It's usually 290'ish K.
It quit owing me anything a good while ago.

It won't surprise me to have it go well past 300k. But, since it gets driven maybe 5k miles/year anymore, that might be a few years from now.

I'm a Ford and Ram guy. I have a 1/2 chub for the new F250/350 with the 7.3. Please give us a review when get some time in it.
Just ordered it. Won’t have it until June.

I has a ‘13 Ram 1500. It was good except warped exhaust manifolds.

I just sold a ‘18 Ram 2500 6.4. It pulled 13k well.

Also have an ‘18 Durango and my ‘15 Rubicon

Can’t wait to get ahold of this gas guzzler 7.3!

We have about 16,000 miles on my wife's F250 with the 7.3. We will not be buying another diesel. The 7.3 has all the power we need towing a gooseneck, two horse, with living quarters. The 10 speed transmission with that 7.3 is a great match. Maybe 16 MPG around town empty, 19 mpg empty over the road. The truck is quick enough to get young drivers in trouble !

Ive driven my 3/4 Duramax off road a ton on the farm here in CO i've gone through shallow rivers and everything with it as well as off trail as long as your tires are good and you're not driving some squatted POS you're golden

My friend has a 2021 tremor. I’ve ridden around with him with a FWC camper on the back. Setup like that it rides smoother than my f-150 with Eibach struts. I’m sure that camper softened it big time but still I was very impressed with how it rode for a f-350

My friend has a 2021 tremor. I’ve ridden around with him with a FWC camper on the back. Setup like that it rides smoother than my f-150 with Eibach struts. I’m sure that camper softened it big time but still I was very impressed with how it rode for a f-350

yea my 08 f250 rides a ton better if you add weight to the back. Otherwise kiss your fillings goodbye and book a chiropractor appointment weekly haha.

I do love that truck tho.

Spent too many years driving a CUCV (Chevy 1-T pickup)in the army off road.

All I can say is I’m glad I wasn’t paying the repair bill or for the wreckers.

The new Duramax can do anything you need to and anything short of pulling a dozer. But if you get stuff, that Toyota pickup or jeep will NOT pull you out

First off congrats on the truck. I’m glad it’s serving you well.

I’m on my second 3/4 diesel it’s a 13’ with 195k miles on and I plan on owning till one of us dies. I wouldn’t even consider owning another 1/2 ton or gasser.
I like that on a road trip that I go 700 miles between stops and can tow anything I want to. I feel that it has a higher clearance than a 1/2 ton without getting crazy with lift kits or tires. Clearance for Vbar or studded chains on all 4 tires. Power, did someone say power!!! and a way to control it, my truck is a 6 speed manual. Big trucks can help pull out big trucks and little trucks.
I’ve never wished I had a smaller truck. Heck 2 years ago we were the only truck to be found on BLM land while everyone else had side by side and atvs and yes it was an open road. Trucks have came a long ways. Never drive past the limitations of your truck or your driving skill.

The best thing you can do for a 2500 is to install a remote wireless airbag system which will help immensely with ride, stability from heavy truck traffic while towing and obviously towing at best possible height for towing stability. The entire rig will feel like on rails going through curves etc. I've had an Airlift on my 2009 Ram 2500 since 2009 and I cannot imagine not having one. Heck my wife's 21 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland has air bag suspension and love it. I add lift to the Jeep if I am EVER allowed to leave pavement with it!!

The camper did the trick. I owned that truck and it was hella stiff compared to a standard superduty and certainly an F150. My wife wouldn’t even drive it :)

I've been looking around for a 1 ton dually gas ford. Yes i'm crazy.

I would seriously consider a 3rd gen ram with the 5.9 common rail or a 99 to 2002 ford 7.3. But man those are hard to find not all clapped out, or decked out with stupid big wheels and trash tires with no sidewall. Stock trucks are a rare thing these days.

I've been looking around for a 1 ton dually gas ford. Yes i'm crazy.

I would seriously consider a 3rd gen ram with the 5.9 common rail or a 99 to 2002 ford 7.3. But man those are hard to find not all clapped out, or decked out with stupid big wheels and trash tires with no sidewall. Stock trucks are a rare thing these days.
Dis regard. My wife is gonna buy me a Raptor and I want the first gen raptor with the 6.2. I dont wanna hear nothing about gas mileage. I drive a v10 gas 3/4 ton, clearly not my priority :p

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back