Houston, TX Advice

devon deer

A chap in the UK asked me, I have no idea, I can only guess he will be very limited.

He will be visiting end of May, beginning of June.
Are there any hunting opportunities or fishing around Houston that time of year?
I can only think of hogs?

@Europe any advice on Texas;)

Many thanks

Richard

Last edited:
Probably the only hunting would be for hogs. The turkey season goes out mid May. There is a big lake near Houston and San Jacinto river to fish. I not sure how much public land is near Houston, I think you'd have to get in on a lease. I was down there for 15 months, it will be really hot and humid that time of year.

You may find some exotic hunting in May-June as well. Not sure about near Houston but perhaps just north of there.
Hope on over to THF and the outfitters section to see, day hunting is a thing down there and lots of pay to hunt places for day hunts that are not high fenced.

I'm sure some of the TX folks will come along w suggestions, but if I were going to be in Houston in summer and wanted to hunt or fish I'd be thinking inshore saltwater fishing, redfish etc. Awfully hot and humid to be hunting.

I would also recommend fishing, which can be good that time of year. If he's willing to hire a guide there are lots of options in the Galveston Bay area for speckled trout, redfish, etc. (about an hour south of Houston) And some places he could diy wadefishing or jetty fishing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back