Hound Pictures

B

bcat

This is turning out to be a great hound forum thanks to you contributers!!! I thought it might be good to have a topic on PICTURES of your hounds! I love seeing hounds and watching them work and well a picture will have to do for now! I got a few and will post one tonight. Post away! Thanks Horn Seeker for posting some pics! That old dog in the other topic looks like it might have some airdale in him too! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

View

Heres a picture of bubba our main MAN! Treed a bobcat when he was about four months old with one of his liter mates! it was a fluke deal and I posted the story in an earlier post with his picture we took that day! bcat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

[This message has been edited by bcat (edited 01-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by bcat (edited 01-10-2001).]

View

Hound dog Heaven!!!! This is a picture of "old Dan" He was my favorite dog of all time. He looks a little like hornseekers dog. He was a walker bluetick cross. He wasnt afraid of anything but Debbies fly swatter!! All she had to do was say "Dan I am gonna get the fly swatter " and he would cower and head for his chair!! She never ever used it on him but threatened to a time or two. He was a warrior of warriors when it came to cat or bear hunting. In his last days he was slow, but we let him catch his last lion by himself the winter before he died. We waited about 20 minutes on a hot track till we knew he was within treeing distance of the tom and then let the reat of the dogs go! Will post that pic again next!bcat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

View

Here is dans last hunt!! Will post one more with him in his favorite chair! He owned the chair and ya better not sit in it or he would just set in your lap!bcat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Great looking hounds guys!! I will try to take some pictures of mine this weekend and post them next week. Of course mine wont be treeing...
smile.gif

------------------
rabbit2.gif

View

Heres dan in his favorite chair! Cant remeber if I posted this before or not but here it is anyway! Boomer cant wait to see your pics treeing or not!! bcat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

No offense, but those dogs are some what short of being called good looking hounds. You must have gotten those pups at a flee market or Xmas give a ways free maybe, you might try feeding them a little more steak and taters too. Just what kind of critter is that on the couch anyways? Please don't tell me that is a hunter, looks more like a sorry excuse for a couch tater to me. The dog is better looking for sure.

Bluetic-I am gonna blow those remarks off, and chalk them up to not knowing you yet. The dog on the couch is 14 years old and if ya dont think he was a warrior and a he11 of a hound, you dont know much about hounds! In his later years he couldnt do the cold weather very good and he earned himself a spot indoors. I am sure you were just funning me a little, and I am assuming that was the case. He spent his last year treeing our pet bobcat on the bunkbeds a couple times a day, just for fun and treeing the barncats a couple times a day just to show us he was still good enuff to do it. The picture with the lion in the deep snow was the last lion he ever got to chase, the winter before he died. I am sure you have had some hounds like this over the years that deserved a warm bed in the winter. He had manners too!!!!! Ya wouldnt think an outside dog could be an inside dog when they get old but he never peed on the flooor or crapped or anything. He tried to get in the garbage one time, and Debbie took the flyswatter after him and it only took one time. All she had to do was say DAN I am gonna get the flyswatter and he would head for his chair!!!! I miss that old dog so much and he has been gone for nearly two years now. bcat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Pardon me for sticking my finger in the pie there Hornseeker! I sure will say I have hunted with some mighty fine hounds since boyhood days friend. Now I was pokin a stick at bcat and his hound make no mistake about that, but mostly bcat. I still say those dogs need a wee bit more meat on there ribs. I hate to see a hound look like some of those bird dogs down south (pointers in general) with half there rib bones showing.

Blutick,I dont know how your big game hounds look but bcats dog looks in perfect running shape to me.Especially being an old dog.I dont like to see a hound with his hip pointers showing but that dog in the pics is far from that.

Bluetic-Some of my dogs are too fat! Just ask Thumper. Most are in excellent shape, not to skinny or too fat, but I have a couple of toads that seem to beg an extra few bites from me every time I feed. I am such a softie and they know it! bcat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Sorry bcat, I failed to get any pictures this weekend.
frown.gif
We turned loose in an area we thought we could jump a coyote and they never jumped. I was trying to get a picture of them running...so no pictures yet!! Maybe next weekend. I will at least take one of them in the yard this week.

Boomer-Dont worry about it, when ya get some pics wel' be waiting! We went bobcat hunting sunday and couldnt find nothing either. Wanted to so bad it hurt, maybe next weekend.bcat

------------------
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Back