Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hornadys new cx bullets

Jasher

Has anyone tried any of these yet? As of right now there's only 120 for 6.5 and 180 for 30 cal. I'm sure there's other calibers available but those are the only 2 I load. I'm hoping to see different weights in those 2. 120 is a little light for me in my prc and 180 is a little heavy for my 308. From the looks of it they are going to be priced about the same as other monos.

If anyone has tried any of these are they very accurate?

Are they just the GMX rebranded? I was on the website and the BC looked the same...for the .30 cal 165 anyway
They mention GMX at 6:06

Last edited:
I found some 80 grain loaded for the 243, haven’t shot them yet but I’m excited to try them. I haven’t been able to find many copper options for it

I think they did some tinkering with the grooves on the shank and swapped it over to the heat shield tip.

Are they just the GMX rebranded? I was on the website and the BC looked the same...for the .30 cal 165 anyway
They mention GMX at 6:06
Supposedly it's a totally new design. The bullet shape is like the eldx, different groves for less flight resistance, and polymer tip. Right now the 180 is the only one actually available in 30 caliber.

If these are as accurate as the eld when the others start showing up I'll definitely get some.

Absolutely amazing how many new type bullet's have come out since mono did. There seems to be a ton of different bullet's all designed to make everyone thing one is best. Sad truth is that for all these new bullets the old Remington core lock just keeps on working!

Has anyone tried any of these yet? As of right now there's only 120 for 6.5 and 180 for 30 cal. I'm sure there's other calibers available but those are the only 2 I load. I'm hoping to see different weights in those 2. 120 is a little light for me in my prc and 180 is a little heavy for my 308. From the looks of it they are going to be priced about the same as other monos.

If anyone has tried any of these are they very accurate?
i am . have gotten some decent accuracy with them i how ever am using the .284 139 gr

Absolutely amazing how many new type bullet's have come out since mono did. There seems to be a ton of different bullet's all designed to make everyone thing one is best. Sad truth is that for all these new bullets the old Remington core lock just keeps on working!
Blasphemy (y)

I'm getting the same results in 65. CM with the same load with 120 gr. GMX vs.CX 143gr. ELDX is more consistent at least for the way I shoot. If I hit a golf ball at 100yds. off the bench, I'm happy as can be.

I bought some 30-06 Superformance CX 165s to try. May end up with just some reloading brass for hammers but will see how it groups.

The New Hornady Outfitter ammo with the CX bullets in 300wsm 180gr is the most accurate ammo I have found for whats avail. The nosler accubond is also accurate but they are impossible to find.
I shot under a 2" group at 200 and for me that tickled me pink.
I really like the Nickel cases also. seem to just cycle better and feel slicker if ya know what i mean. And maybe its just a mental thing but to me its seems like the Hornady and the Nosler have a milder recoil than the other 180's Ive shot. Im assuming it has to do with how much powder and what types of powder there using. I did notice the MV was slightly less for the outfitter at 2900 so I guess that makes sense. Folks that are more educated than me care to chime in on that?

I’ve found the 139 gr CX IN 7MM-08 is very accurate as was the 139 GMX …I sure hope they work the same as gmx / ive used them since they came out & they have worked like Thors Hammer . No long range input everything I’ve shot 150yds or less

That’s lookin mighty accurate, have you shot any game with the CX ? I’m hoping/ assuming it performs at least as good as the GMX did

I used the 150 grain CX in my 280AI this past year. Shot an antelope, 2 WT does, and a raghorn bull. I thought they performed excellent. Definitely more of a wound channel than from the 143 grain hammer hunters I'd previously been shooting.

that’s great to hear, & enough to convince me they’ll work fine , just as the GMX does . Sounds like they improved upon it in certain ways/ for certain situations while retaining all the greatness of the GMX

My 300 Win likes both the CX 165's and 180's. I used the 165's this year for hunting. Performance was what I consider very good for a mono, I thought they did better than Barnes LRX's.
20231017_124347.jpg20231017_124340.jpg

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back