Hornady SST bullets...initial impressions

WDSWIFT

Tried a 3 shot group at 100yds, and a 3 shot group at 200yds last evening when the wind had died. Results were impressive to say the least on this initial trial.
They were 150gr. shot from my '06 over my pet load of 4064 in Win cases.
The 3 shots at 100yds could be covered by a US nickel, the 3 shots at 200 were within a 1" square. Sorry, it got dark and I didn't have time to measure them.
WD

130 grain SSTs are the most accurate bullets in my .270. I've measured three, three shot groups that average .485", and a ten shot group that measures .708". All ranges were 100 yards.

I like 'em! :cool:

I've only loaded 22 caliber VMax for shooting PDs. maybe I need to try some of these brand H bullets in a larger caliber. Hmm????????????
:cool:

Ndak, I just went out and measured the groups that I shot last eve. At 100yds, .412; and .889 on the 200yd group.

Tell me, have you done any gelatin tests with them(i.e. harvested any game)? How did they work? Through and through and a blood trail, or WHOOOMPH and they drop? ;) WD

Only living thing I've shot with them so far is one unlucky jackrabbit who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

At about 150 yards, he was torn into little pieces.

Back