Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hornady Interlock Bullets?

I load Hornady 165gr flat base bullets in my 30-06 and get great results accuracy and terminal ballistics results. I only deer hunt with them so how they'd work on elk I can't say. I have never recovered one.

I have 2-243's. In one I use 75gr Hornady v-max and they are really fragile. Firing them through a paper target attached to a 1 11/2" piece of foam the bullet's blew up leaving jacket metal all over the ground behind the target. The other 243 likes 70gr SMK's best but don't know that they are as fragile as the v-max. In those rifles those bullet's seem to do just what I want, blow up! I don't hunt big game with either. Have shot deer, actually three with a 243 using 100gr bullet's but just don't care for the 100gr bullet and it is a Hornady. Not one good reason why I don't like it other than I think I have other rifles that with different bullet simply suit me better. On the down side, hit a deer in the head with a 75gr v-max or 70gr SMK out of the 243 and the deer will best just as dead as if shot with anything else!
Sierra MATCH king
Unless you are a sniper their is no need for the massive expansion otherwise it’s a MATCH bullet not to be used on game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back