Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hornady FPBs

FLS

Local shop had a bunch of the 300 groaners on close out. Bought some to try out and they shoot really well. Same POI as the Thor’s at a fraction of the cost. Anybody used them on game?

Yep, i've taken bear and elk with them. They perform well, you won't be disappointed

I tried them on my CVA optima V2, but they turned sideways and key holed at 100yd. I wanted them to work so badly, but alas

I tried them on my CVA optima V2, but they turned sideways and key holed at 100yd. I wanted them to work so badly, but alas

I was shooting them out of an old Knight Wolverine that was made in the early to mid 1990's. Not sure of the barrel twist rate, but they shot well and didn't keyhole for me, thankfully.

I had a friend turn me on to these. He gave me a couple handfuls and they shoot well out of my muzzleloader but I have been unable to find any to purchase online. Can anybody point me in the direction where I can purchase more?

I heard they quit making them. They're still listed on muzzle-loaders.com though. They shoot well in my Strikerfire LDR, but I have to pre-groove them (push them all the way through the barrel to put riflings in them so I can actually load them at the range or in the field). Your experience may vary, depending on your specific barrel bore. Mine measures .502"

Yep they shoot very well in my TC Omega. It is my go to load for Colorado. While I have not shot anything with them, my partner has harvested a very mature mulie and a monster Coues buck with them. No issues at all.

Here's a .50 Cal 300 gr FPB a buddy recovered after crushing 3" of vertebrae, through the back of the skull, and lodging in the nasal cavity of a mule deer buck. I'm disappointed they've been discontinued, they shoot really well in my T/C Triumph.
P1020517.JPGP1020511.JPG

They are discontinued but muzzleloaders.com bought out the entire stock so still have them. I bought a heap when I first got a muzzleloader. Still have probably 70 left, used 240gn xtp and they worked so well I never bothered changing.

Chasing up some cast lead bullets going forward, hard to find in Australia.

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back