Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Hope he shows up on Ohio opener...

dcopas78

We still have a long month ahead for the archery season opener here in Ohio. This guy has been showing up regularly at one of our stands. We have the sheds off of him from last year. HUNT0336.JPG
I hope he shows up!

HUNT0079.JPG
Here is another buck that needs to make it a year or so and he will e a dandy

HUNT0001.JPG
The boy helping papaw set up our cameras

He's a dandy for sure, I hope he shows up for you! I'm planning to check my cameras this Sat. Hoping to have one particular buck I've seen on camera, It'll be a joy to share this special guy with everyone if i get a pic of him. Good luck.

That's a damn nice buck. It looks like his face is elongated, might just be a wierd camera angle. Good luck on him and lets show all the westerners what the buckeye state has for deer.

I was going to say he looks a lot better from the front lol. Very nice buck

Yeah, I definitely don't want to wish time away, but the next month is going to go incredibly sllooooooooowwww!

I had this guy show up in my backyard. Saw him all summer. I made a deal with him. I'd let him get past the rut, after the rut he was fair game. He was a 3 1/2 year old but I live in a pretty urban setting and he was crossing the road pretty regularly. If I didnt get him I'm fairly confident he wasn't making it to 41/2. I saw him all summer. Then 2 days before the opener, he disappeared. Thanksgiving day he made an appearance. He forget our deal. I didnt.

View attachment backyard (1).pdf

ohio

I live in Ohio to, Just wondering what is your address or better yet what is GPS location on that last picture.:rolleyes:

Good luck this year for everyone in Ohio. can't wait till September 26.

I took a second look at that first picture, and I was just thinking, if you can hunt him next year he will be a real moster may be I'm wrong. but good luck

Last edited:
Esracerx that is a dandy. We have about 40 acres out of a 507 acre farm that is managed for deer we are allowed to hunt. The owner let's dad and I hunt it for mowing and keeping an eye on the land. It is starting to pay dividends with deer like this showing up. I don't think he is an old deer by any means l, just based off the appearance of his face in my pic, but I ain't passing him up given the opportunity.

Esracerx that is a dandy. We have about 40 acres out of a 507 acre farm that is managed for deer we are allowed to hunt. The owner let's dad and I hunt it for mowing and keeping an eye on the land. It is starting to pay dividends with deer like this showing up. I don't think he is an old deer by any means l, just based off the appearance of his face in my pic, but I ain't passing him up given the opportunity.
If it not your land you got to take the shot at it this year. if it was my land I would wait for next year. you never know if the land owner will let his family hunt in the same are or someone else.

I have 5 acres and my dad has the 5 acres next to me. All our neighbors have 5 acre parcels as well. Were on an island so to speak. An island surrounded by roads/ highways . I want to say about 40 acres total. During the rut these animals will go all over. This guy I know was routinely crossing the road. I'm across the street from 2 industrial parks. On the other side of the industrial parks is farm land. So I didn't feel comfortable letting him get to 4-1/2.

My point was I was seeing this guy daily. Then just as the season started he disappeared until after the rut. Went from seeing him almost daily to not seeing him for 2 months. I am not an advocate for shooting animals just to keep someone else from shooting them. But if you get a crack at the big one, take it. The smallest buck on my wall is 125". I'm not an antler hunter, but If I'm going to take antlers it's going to be a big guy....after he's passed some of his genetics down.

I'm not an antler hunter, but If I'm going to take antlers it's going to be a big guy....after he's passed some of his genetics down.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I haven't shot a buck in about 4 years because I haven't had one in front of me that isn't a young 8 or 10 that can make a really nice deer in a few years. The big guys get big for a reason. I usually shoot a couple old does for meat every year and keep the buck tag in my pocket in case something like the one I posted shows up.

Back