Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Honeymoon vacation

Bc1992

Fiancé says she wants to honeymoon in Colorado and I’m all in. We are hoping to go in October. Any recommendations on where we could get a private secluded cabin rental and still not be too far away from restaurants and touristy stuff?

My wife and I honeymoon 1982 in Vallecito Colorado. There some beautiful cabins my Aunt and uncle owned Circle S.
Nice central location to go for day trips like Ouray & Ridgeway

Depends what you consider touristy. Winter park area would be convenient if you're looking to visit RMNP and places along i70

Wife and I had our honeymoon right outside of Pagosa Springs. It’s a neat little town and has the hot springs resort right by the river in downtown. We mainly were up in the mountains hunting deer but spent a few days in town. We plan on going back some day.

Avoid the red.

Avalanche Ranch outside of is cool if there is availability, you're in the off season in October, which is good because the crowds are down but bad because some things are closed.

I'd look at Ouray, Telluride, Steamboat, Crested Butte, Ridgeway. I lived in Summit/Grand/Eagle counties for most of my life and can not in good conscious recommend them, folks who do are either Colorado transplants or tunnel trash. ;)

1660233120465.png

I was just in Buena Vista, Colorado. That area is nice and has a lot to offer IMO. There are cabins on VRBO or AirBnB that are reasonable.

Ouray, Silverton, Ridgeway.
October is beautiful. Trees changing colors. Rent a jeep and travel the Alpine loop if your into that, its a great way to explore that country.
Ouray is centrally located.

Like I said, rent the jeep, that way if you get out to take pictures and it rolls off the mountain you can call em and tell em where their jeep is. As long as you aint in it.

Avoid the red.

Avalanche Ranch outside of is cool if there is availability, you're in the off season in October, which is good because the crowds are down but bad because some things are closed.

I'd look at Ouray, Telluride, Steamboat, Crested Butte, Ridgeway. I lived in Summit/Grand/Eagle counties for most of my life and can not in good conscious recommend them, folks who do are either Colorado transplants or tunnel trash. ;)

View attachment 233623
+1 for Ouray, Crested Butte or Telluride (not in that order) depending on the amount of "stuff" you need. Crested Butte is great, has phenomenal coffee (Camp4) and some of the best pizza I've ever had (Secret Stash). Ouray is fantastic but doesn't have much "stuff" and no good food to speak of BUT has the best hot springs in CO hands down (IMO). Telluride is beautiful and ritzy but still nice with a significant amount of "stuff". Skip the front range.

Back