Caribou Gear

Honey Burn for Bears

Brock, We do bring in grub each time. (Not always the burn though) I used to be the MASTER baiter, but I've slowed down a bit. Been too busy ;)

I know guys that would ring a BELL each time they came in. They claimed it worked well. Others had someone drop them off with a 4-wheeler. sometimes the bears would sneak in before the wheeler was out of sound distance.
Once a master baiter always a master baiter ! Lol

have tried it in MN but with no luck too many baiters to get there interest, may work in remote areas better. If you can bait I would highly recommend it have hunted for years over bait in MN and had high success. Cooking oil is a must there are ways to get bait at a cheap price, I have helped alot of my friends get there first bear I could help pm me if you'd like.

I used to do burns...just found it's not worth the hassle. When its on at my place I see 4, 5, 6 bears a night, so getting them to come is not a concern. Keeping up with the food demand is much more of an issue. So much so, that I don't have room to carry burners, fuel, cans or anything else needed to burn.

Now, If someone can advise me on how to attract only adult boars and no sows with cubs...I'm all ears.

Yup thats where I got it from I dont do the bacon part I just burn it for a long time and then pour over popcorn thats what got my yogi this fall

We cook bacon sometimes..... we eat the bacon though. Put it on the day old Wonder bread we bring up and have a good meal. pour the grease out and have a good time :D

Once a master baiter always a master baiter ! Lol

YAh, even with my RECORD setting year in "hunting", I still like baiting bear and am a Master Baiter. ;)

Some guys are making candles and burning them the entire time they are on stand as honey and bacon burn out after a while. They mix different scent (honey, bacon, asine, flavored butter or what ever) with perafin wax or something like that and they have hours and hours of burn time.

Has anyone ever tried the 12 miles of dead fish smoke sticks? I saw some last year for sale and figured I might try them out.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jd Gardner
Back